Established in 1783, ED&F Man is an employee-owned agricultural commodities merchant with 6,000 people in 60 countries and annual revenue in excess of $8bn. We trade sugar, coffee, molasses, animal feed and pulses.
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join us as an experienced and high calibre Treasury Manager to work in a truly global environment, acting as a custodian to the company assets, managing a small team and multiple banking relationships. The role provides long term potential for someone eager to further develop their career within the challenging and fast‐paced soft commodities industry.
Corporate responsibility is ingrained in our culture. We are passionate about sustainable production, take care to limit the environmental impact of our operations and actively support the communities in which we work.
• Manage the Group’s central treasury operations and systems
• Hedge exposures to preserve and protect income streams
• Improve and develop treasury operations in a fast-paced business
• Liquidity reporting and cash forecasts
• Month end and accounting entries, plus year-end audit work.
• Manage a small team, covering Payments, FX execution, Treasury systems and procedures.
• Participate in or lead strategic process improvement and IT initiatives within the Treasury team, including a move towards automated rather than manual reporting
• Increase the skill levels and knowledge of the team to deliver returns for the team and company
• Develop performance reporting systems and submit ideas for operational improvements.
• Develop and maintain Treasury policies, standards, procedures and controls
• Manage multiple bank relationships and negotiate best financial terms for the company
• Managing bank accounts, banking mandates and banking platforms
• Act as a custodian of the company assets,
• Report to Executive level on forecast cash flow positions
• Manage Daily cash positions
• Consolidate the global weekly case forecasts and analysis
• Prepare and manage rolling longer term cash forecasts
• Provide regular and ad hoc explanations of the operations, liaising with overseas units
• Assist and provide input to internal and external cash management and cash flow reporting.
• Systems used include: Fxall; Kyriba; TPS (in-house payments system) and banking platforms including JPM, Rabo and ING.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Ideally qualified with the Chartered Association of Treasurers
• Demonstrable relationship building, stakeholder-management and business advisory experience in a multinational
• Good understanding of regulatory requirements in all regions that we operate in
• Ability to identify and respond to rapidly changing financial conditions and exposures
• Ability to interpret management requirements and act on them under own initiative
• Extensive history of trading and financing multinational group balance sheets and foreign exchange exposures
• Strong excel modelling skills
• Good understanding of banking facilities (Revolving credit facilities, borrowing bases and receivables securitization)
• Experience of managing a small team
• Demonstrable history of change management and automating manual processes
• Strong attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and work effectively on multiple tasks in a demanding environment
• Experience of systems described above is beneficial
Here at ED&F Man we are guided by our five company values: Respect, Integrity, Meritocracy, Client Focus and Entrepreneurship. Our values are underpinned by a set of essential behaviours, which form part of our performance management approach. Delivering on our objectives is very much about ‘what’ we do, but these essential behaviours also provide a guide and measure for ‘how’ we do things. Our performance essentials are Take Initiative, Self‐Management, Deliver Results and Collaboration.
Equal Opportunities Statement
ED&F Man is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. All qualified applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to race, colour, sex, gender, age, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital or civil partner status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment (identity, gender expression), genetic information or any characteristic protected by local law.