ED & F Man is one of the world’s leading traders of agricultural commodities and we are looking to recruit a Group Reporting Accountant to be a pivotal team member in the production of monthly reports and statutory reporting on a timely basis relating to all Treasury related matters.
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, this role will play a key role in the treasury related matters for group consolidation of both actuals and budgets/forecasts and in the timely and high-quality reporting of them to the Board.
- Post journals in relation to Treasury Entities.
- Review and resolve intercompany mismatches with Treasury.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly covenant reviews under the debt agreements.
- Ensure proper reporting of debt, debt transaction costs and interest calculations.
- Provide commentary and analysis on key movements for Treasury.
- Prepare an analytical review of P&L and Balance Sheet line items each month, quarter and annually.
- Responsibility for all Treasury related legal entity statutory audits, including liaison with auditors.
- Apply continuous improvement to liquidity reporting, daily reports for cash management.
- Assistance with preparation of certain notes to the Group Financial Statements.
- Input into resolution of accounting technical issues with a good working knowledge of Treasury Products and IFRS implications.
- Various ad hoc queries including from lenders and consultants
- Supporting Treasury on KYC matters and providing information for lender diligence.
- Provide insightful analysis by identifying and researching variances to forecast, budget, and prior-year information.
- Develop financial models and analyse them to support strategic initiatives and going concern assessments.
- Qualified Accountant
- ACCA/ACA/CIMA or equivalent;
- Association of Corporate Treasurers, preferable but not essential.
- Experience in Treasury Management Systems (TMS) like Kyriba as well as solid Excel and Hyperion Financial management experience.
- Experience of complex global group consolidation and audits desirable, particularly Big 4;
- Knowledge of IFRS desirable;
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail and control are essential;
- Continuous improvement mind-set, constantly looking for ways to enhance the control of team processes and the quality of outputs.
Established in 1783, ED&F Man is a majority employee-owned agricultural commodities merchant with 7,000 people in 60 countries. We trade sugar, coffee, molasses, animal feed, grains and pulses. We help our counterparties manage price risk through hedging and provide access to commodity and capital markets through our financial brokerage business.
ED&F Man is a highly entrepreneurial environment providing the opportunity to build an international career in a partnership culture.