Established in 1783, ED&F Man is an employee-owned agricultural commodities merchant with 6,000 people in 60 countries and annual revenue in excess of $8bn. We trade sugar, coffee, molasses, animal feed and pulses.
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join us as an experienced and high calibre Talent Acquisition Manager to work in a truly global environment to work with the business units in achieving their commercial goals by hiring the right people for the business. The role provides long term potential for someone eager to demonstrate their skills within the challenging and fast‐paced soft commodities industry. This role can be based anywhere in the UK and Germany or Madrid and Amsterdam.
Corporate responsibility is ingrained in our culture. We are passionate about sustainable production, take care to limit the environmental impact of our operations and actively support the communities in which we work.
- Take detailed briefs from hiring managers
- Create job descriptions and profiles to post internally and externally,
- Propose and agree a direct sourcing strategy on a role-by-role basis, utilizing a range of direct sourcing channels or pro-active headhunting typically utilizing LinkedIn and direct advertising
- Engage with active and passive candidates to develop relevant long and short lists for roles and to build their own pipeline of candidates for future roles.
- Screen all candidates being presented to hiring managers, ensuring:
- candidates have received a thorough briefing on the role and business
- there is a clear rationale for the candidates presented to the business
- candidate’s basic details and expectations have been qualified before they are presented to the business and in addition verified before offer stage.
- Coordinate the interview process from start to finish including communications, arranging interviews, as well as participating in interviews as needed.
- Construct and deliver offers to candidates, being aware of variations in benefits and pay across ED&F Man’s locations.
- Keep accurate records, ensuring candidates and roles are tracked utilising the tools provided by the company.
- Provide HR colleagues with regular communications on progress to date
- Gain approval for any recruitment costs and ensure that they are tracked and allocated to the correct cost centre.
- Keep job descriptions, CVs, coversheets, emails and reports to the company’s standard for documentation and organisation.
- Create reports for senior management on global recruitment.
- Manage the internal and external jobs board Plan procedures for improving the candidate experience (incl. (pre) onboarding)
- Be a brand ambassador as the first point of contact between our company and potential new hires.
Required Skills and Experience:
The successful candidate will be an experienced and self-motivated recruiter with proven experience of directly sourcing candidates using a variety of channels and methods. This experience can have been gained in a Human Resources department or in an agency or RPO environment.
The successful candidate will also need to have the following skills:
- Ability to source different skills/specialisms across different industries and locations and able to juggle a number of campaigns at a time.
- Highly effective communicator, able to quickly build rapport and trust with colleagues and candidates
- Efficient and highly organized with proven experience quickly sourcing candidates and managing them through a recruitment process
- Significant experience using LinkedIn
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
And as an ever-friendly reminder: Researchers have found that men apply to roles when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria. Women and other underrepresented groups tend to apply only when they check every box. If you are interested, but don’t feel like you meet every single point on the job description, please still apply!
Here at ED&F Man we are guided by our five company values: Respect, Integrity, Meritocracy, Client Focus and Entrepreneurship. Our values are underpinned by a set of essential behaviours, which form part of our performance management approach. Delivering on our objectives is very much about ‘what’ we do, but these essential behaviours also provide a guide and measure for ‘how’ we do things. Our performance essentials are Take Initiative, Self‐Management, Deliver Results and Collaboration.
Equal Opportunities Statement
ED&F Man is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. All qualified applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to race, colour, sex, gender, age, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital or civil partner status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment (identity, gender expression), genetic information or any characteristic protected by local law.