Genuine Origin (https://www.genuineorigin.com/) is today’s leading on-line supplier of green coffee to roasters in the United Stated. As a division of Volcafe, Genuine Origin is able to leverage one of the world’s largest global suppliers of origin authentic green coffee.
This vertical integration allows Genuine Origin to not only source coffee from all coffee origins, but it plants the company firmly in those locations with purchasing and processing facilities that work directly with farmers.
The Genuine Origin on-line platform is a modern e-commerce based supply chain built to meet the ever-growing demands of our coffee clients. With a goal of “Making buying green coffee simple”, Genuine Origin is the perfect solution for new and growing roasters to allow them to focus on their business success rather than the complexities of commodity purchasing and logistics
Genuine Origin has an opportunity for an experienced and high calibre Supply Chain Analyst to join a world leading trader of agricultural commodities within a wholly owned subsidiary of our Coffee Trading Division – Volcafe. This position offers a broad spectrum of opportunity, scope, commercial activity and authority.
The successful candidate will cover the position of Supply Chain Analyst based in Costa Rica, they will execute various vital operational functions to ensure on-time delivery of our products to the United States market. This position with Genuine Origin will require tenacity, flexibility, teamwork, creativity, problem solving, exceptional customer and partner relations, and a desire to find solutions regardless of the opportunity or challenge.
The successful individual will have a solid understanding of supply chain/logistics/inventory management within an e-commerce business.
Responsibilities to include, but are not limited to:
- Support the inbound of shipments from abroad
- Manage Inventory and Warehouse capacity in all locations and ensuring FG inventory is available for shipments
- Support internal audit processes
- Manage last mile distribution with our service provider
- Manage service providers relationship and negotiation processes
- Establish KPIs to evaluate the operation and look for efficiencies
- Support accounting with billing and payment of service providers
- Ensure that the ERP is kept up to date and the inventory is accurately reflected in all locations
- Manage transport of finished goods from/to our various locations
- Manage re-packaging projects with our main locations
- Support technology projects to improve the operation
- Manage customer expectations on deliveries and ensuring expectations are consistently met
- Management of cost control measures and performance reviews of shipping, warehousing, and logistics providers
- Working in solution-focused cooperation with internal and external partners
- Other responsibilities as needed based on a growing, teamwork oriented, hands-on company and structure
- Able to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Fluency in English is essential
- Great analytical skills that would support decision making processes
- Proficiency with Excel is essential
- Previous experience with Power BI is desirable
- Creative problem solving
- Able to work with ERP systems and databases
- Understanding of e-commerce operations
- Highly driven individual who seeks to continuously improve business operations proactively
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent teamwork and partnership skills
- Excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel, Email, and internal and external software systems as needed
- Able to work with minimum supervision and self-motivated
- Bachelor’s in Business, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain Management/Logistics or other equivalent preferred. (MBA is a plus)
- 5+ years of experience in warehousing, inventory management and distribution
- 3+ years of experience in E-commerce Supply chain and logistics
- 5+ years utilizing ERP systems, NetSuite experience preferred
And as an ever-friendly reminder: Researchers have found that men apply to roles when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria. Women and other underrepresented groups tend to apply only when they check every box. If you are interested, but don’t feel like you meet every single point on the job description, please still apply!
Volcafe, a subsidiary of ED&F Man, is one of the world’s leading international green coffee trading companies with its head office in Winterthur, Switzerland, operating in over 20 countries globally, in coffee procurement, sustainability, blending and export as well as importing and distribution, and it supplies the world’s major coffee roasters and retail distributors with their green coffee requirements, with significant strategic growth ambitions for the future.
Volcafe has built and operated certified, sustainable supply chains across all our origins, addressing key economic, social and environmental issues in coffee farming communities. Since 2014 Volcafe has been providing direct technical assistance to farmers, helping them to improve their coffee quality, farm productivity and yields via our Volcafe Way Farmer Support Organizations (FSOs).
Here at ED&F Man we are guided by our five company values: Respect, Integrity, Meritocracy, Client Focus and Entrepreneurship. Our values are underpinned by a set of essential behaviours, which form part of our performance management approach. Delivering on our objectives is very much about ‘what’ we do, but these essential behaviours also provide a guide and measure for ‘how’ we do things. Our performance essentials are Take Initiative, Self‐Management, Deliver Results and Collaboration.
Equal Opportunities Statement
ED&F Man is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. All qualified applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to race, colour, sex, gender, age, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital or civil partner status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment (identity, gender expression), genetic information or any characteristic protected by local law.