Established in 1783, ED&F Man is an employee-owned agricultural commodities merchant with 5,500 people in 50 countries and annual revenue in excess of $8bn. We trade sugar, coffee, molasses, animal feed and pulses. Corporate responsibility is ingrained in our culture. We are passionate about sustainable production, take care to limit the environmental impact of our operations and actively support the communities in which we work.
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join us as a senior service desk analyst to work in a truly global environment to provide first and second line technical support of ED&F Man services to internal customers within agreed service levels with a constant focus on customer service and satisfaction. The post-holder will resolve reported support cases to the customer’s satisfaction, using approved methods, tools and procedures and in accordance with published KPI’s and internal SLA’s. The role provides long term potential for someone eager to demonstrate their skills and experience within the challenging and fast‐paced soft commodities industry.
Shift based between 8am – 6pm with occasional out of hours activity
• Ensure channels into the service desk are appropriately maintained, this will include telephone support, remote assistance, and desk side support in the London office
• Take ownership of incidents and service requests through to resolution, ensuring that incidents and service requests which cannot be resolved by the service desk are escalated to the correct resolver teams and proactively managed, confirming resolution, satisfaction, and acceptance. Ensuring that workload is evenly distributed amongst team members
• Act as escalation point for junior members of the team and as a technical bridge between the service desk and specialist and the resolver teams within Technology
• Contribute towards the maintenance and upkeep of the ED&F Man knowledge base for documented process, routine tasks and incident resolutions
• Support the problem management function in the root cause analysis of incidents and problems
Required Skills and Experience:
• Experience working in an IT Service Desk or similar support function preferred
• Excellent communication skills; able to communicate at both a non-IT (customer) level, and a technical level
• Customer focused and team orientated
• Ability to work under pressure and on own initiative
• Willing to adapt and learn new skills
• Able to clearly prioritize own workload
Desirable Skills and Experience:
• Microsoft Certification
• CompTIA+ or CompTIA Network
• ITIL Foundation certificate
• Experience administrating user attributes via Active Directory
• Understanding of DHCP, DNS, Group Policy objects
• Understanding of general server and networking technologies
• Deployment of new desktop operating system and software releases using SCCM
• Experience administrating objects in Office365
• Experience with Citrix technologies and troubleshooting Citrix sessions
• Experience working and troubleshooting Windows 10 devices
HIGHLY COMPETITIVE PAY AND BENEFITS PACKAGE
And as an ever-friendly reminder: Researchers have found that men apply to roles when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria. Women and other underrepresented groups tend to apply only when they check every box. If you are interested, but don’t feel like you meet every single point on the job description, please still apply!
Here at ED&F Man we are guided by our five company values: Respect, Integrity, Meritocracy, Client Focus and Entrepreneurship. Our values are underpinned by a set of essential behaviours, which form part of our performance management approach. Delivering on our objectives is very much about ‘what’ we do, but these essential behaviours also provide a guide and measure for ‘how’ we do things. Our performance essentials are Take Initiative, Self‐Management, Deliver Results and Collaboration.
Equal Opportunities Statement
ED&F Man is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. All qualified applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to race, colour, sex, gender, age, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital or civil partner status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment (identity, gender expression), genetic information or any characteristic protected by local law.