We have an exciting opportunity as part of the rapid growth of our Genuine Origin (https://www.genuineorigin.com/) business for someone to join us as a Inside Sales Specialist (Customer Retention) to play a critical and active role in the day to day operations. This is an excellent opportunity to be one of the key members of our sales team and position yourself for unique career growth opportunities.
Genuine Origin is today’s leading on-line supplier of green coffee to roasters in the United Stated. As a division of Volcafe, Genuine Origin is able to leverage one of the world’s largest global suppliers of origin authentic green coffee. This vertical integration allows Genuine Origin to not only source coffee from all coffee origins, but it plants the company firmly in those locations with purchasing and processing facilities that work directly with farmers.
Volcafe ltd operates in over 20 countries globally, in coffee procurement, sustainability, blending and export as well as importing and distribution, and it supplies the world’s major coffee roasters and retail distributors with their green coffee requirements, with significant strategic growth ambitions for the future. We are part of the ED&F Man Group, a world leading trader of soft commodities that trades sugar, coffee, molasses, animal feed and pulses.
Remuneration: $45,000-55,000 plus performance related bonus and comprehensive highly competitive benefits package
Responsibilities to include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct a high volume of outbound phone calls to potential customers using warm leads that are provided to you
- Identify and qualify new business opportunities for the company
- Drive and close new and renewal opportunities for the business
- Work collaboratively with the sales and marketing team
- Conduct in-depth research on prospects and existing customers
- Use multiple methods of outreach to communicate with both existing and new accounts
- Understand client needs and how you can assist them
- Regularly track, record and update activity in the customer relationship management (CRM) system
Skills and Expertise
- Sales or Customer service experience (phone based) – essential
- Experience of working in a target driven environment – essential
- Bachelor’s degree – preferred
- Experience in the coffee industry or another specialty food product – preferred
- Experience of CRM (eg: Salesforce, Netsuite etc) and ERP systems – preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand complex business environments and uncover customer issues
- Experience in prospecting sales through to closure
- Highly driven individual who seeks to continuously improve business operations proactively
- Able to work with minimum supervision and self-motivated
- Excellent teamwork and partnership skills
- Highly organized and able to work well in a fast-paced environment
And as an ever-friendly reminder: Researchers have found that men apply to roles when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria. Women and other underrepresented groups tend to apply only when they check every box. If you are interested, but don’t feel like you meet every single point on the job description, please still apply!
Here at ED&F Man we are guided by our five company values: Respect, Integrity, Meritocracy, Client Focus and Entrepreneurship. Our values are underpinned by a set of essential behaviours, which form part of our performance management approach. Delivering on our objectives is very much about ‘what’ we do, but these essential behaviours also provide a guide and measure for ‘how’ we do things. Our performance essentials are Take Initiative, Self‐Management, Deliver Results and Collaboration.
Equal Opportunities Statement
ED&F Man is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. All qualified applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to race, colour, sex, gender, age, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital or civil partner status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment (identity, gender expression), genetic information or any characteristic protected by local law.