We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join us as an experienced and high calibre Head of Trade Finance to work in a truly global environment to help direct the Funding activities of the Commodities Group (“Group”) and Business Units including the effective management of the Group’s funding, banking relations and trade finance arrangements. The role provides long term potential for someone eager to demonstrate its origination, execution and relationship skills within the challenging and fast‐paced soft commodities industry.
Established in 1783, ED&F Man is an employee-owned agricultural commodities merchant with 6,000 people in 60 countries and annual revenue in excess of $8bn. We trade sugar, coffee, molasses, animal feed and pulses.
Corporate responsibility is ingrained in our culture. We are passionate about sustainable production, take care to limit the environmental impact of our operations and actively support the communities in which we work.
- Work alongside the Group’s Head of Treasury in the origination, negotiation and execution of group and bi-lateral borrowings
- Work directly with the BU’s (sugar, coffee and liquid products)
- Originate and execute transactions including transactional bilateral facilities, borrowing bases, repo’s, receivables discounting structures and reversed factoring solutions and term loans
- Maintain and develop new relationships with bank and other liquidity providers in various geographical regions (Europe, Africa, Americas and Asia)
- Understand all documentation to do with finance structures, including the negotiation of loan agreements
- Development and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders (e.g. BU’s, group finance, tax and legal)
- Report into Group’s Head of Treasury
Required Skills and Experience:
- Extensive experience in a ‘hands on’ commodity trade finance role, preferably in a commodity finance (softs) bank/commodity trader environment
- Experience with a range of financing structures and proven record of managing complex financing structured from “cradle to grave” (origination, structuring & execution)
- Demonstrable experience of making commercial decisions to preserve and protect group balance sheets
- Understanding of credit agreements with the ability to interpret the terms and conditions
- Ability to influence remote stakeholders and become a mentor to the business with regards to Financing
- Self-starter, strong eye for detail, sense of urgency
- Can be based in either London, Amsterdam or Winterthur (Switzerland)
- Ability to travel
Here at ED&F Man we are guided by our five company values: Respect, Integrity, Meritocracy, Client Focus and Entrepreneurship. Our values are underpinned by a set of essential behaviours, which form part of our performance management approach. Delivering on our objectives is very much about ‘what’ we do, but these essential behaviours also provide a guide and measure for ‘how’ we do things. Our performance essentials are Take Initiative, Self‐Management, Deliver Results and Collaboration.
Equal Opportunities Statement
ED&F Man is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. All qualified applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to race, colour, sex, gender, age, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital or civil partner status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment (identity, gender expression), genetic information or any characteristic protected by local law.