ED & F Man is one of the world’s leading traders of agricultural commodities and we are looking to recruit a Group Reporting Accountant to be a pivotal team member in the production of monthly reports and statutory reporting on a timely basis.
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, this role will play a key role in the group consolidation of both actuals and budgets/forecasts and in the timely and high-quality reporting of them to the Board.
- Post journals in relation to Group consolidation and Corporate Entities.
- Review submissions from Business Units and follow up anomalies.
- Prepare various portions of the monthly Management Performance Report.
- Review and Reconciliation of key Group Balance Sheet accounts between ITAS and Hyperion.
- Prepare a Balance Sheet and P&L Analytical Review for all Corporate Entities.
- Assistance with preparation of certain notes to the Group Financial Statements.
- Monthly Employee trust and IFRS 2 accounting and reconciliation
- Shareholder’s equity reconciliations
- Monthly and Quarterly validations
- Group intercompany reconciliation and clearing of intercompany mismatches
- Local statutory accounts for various entities.
- Input into resolution of accounting technical issues.
- Various ad hoc queries including from lenders and consultants
- Supporting Treasury on KYC matters and providing information for lender diligence.
- Work on corporate projects and initiatives that impact the entire organisation.
- Provide insightful analysis by identifying and researching variances to forecast, budget, and prior-year information.
- Analyse the trends of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), especially relating to financial metrics.
- Monitor KPIs and identify the cause of any unexpected variances
- Develop and continually improve budgeting, financial projections, and operating forecast
- Ad-hoc business performance and cost reduction reporting
- Implement a business intelligence tool and dashboard reports
- Develop financial models and analyse them to support strategic initiatives and going concern assessments.
- Qualified Accountant
- ACCA/ACA/CIMA or equivalent;
- Solid accounting skills, with an ability to apply yourself to the everyday accounting issues facing the group and individual businesses;
- Experience of complex global group consolidation and audits desirable;
- Knowledge of IFRS desirable;
- Strong understanding of financial reporting systems – preferably Hyperion;
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail and control are essential;
- Continuous improvement mind-set, constantly looking for ways to enhance the control of team processes and the quality of outputs.
Established in 1783, ED&F Man is a majority employee-owned agricultural commodities merchant with 7,000 people in 60 countries. We trade sugar, coffee, molasses, animal feed, grains and pulses. We help our counterparties manage price risk through hedging and provide access to commodity and capital markets through our financial brokerage business.
ED&F Man is a highly entrepreneurial environment providing the opportunity to build an international career in a partnership culture.