Westway Feed Products is North America’s largest manufacturer of liquid supplements for livestock. Additionally, we produce tub supplements, feed mill products, dried molasses and industrial products. The core concept of Westway’s business is to utilize co-products from other industries and convert them into safe, high-quality, cost effective, livestock feed supplements. While Westway’s primary ingredient for many of our products is molasses, we also incorporate other co-products such as glycerin, whey, corn solubles, corn steep and soy solubles. The concept of utilizing these co-products is the foundation of our sustainability platform. Today, Westway operates 25 production facilities across the United States, Canada and Mexico. Our geographic reach allows for products to be developed according to environmental and production system variations across the country.
Westway Feed Products is a subsidiary of ED&F Man. Established in 1783, ED&F Man is a privately-owned agricultural commodities merchant with 6,000 people in 60 countries. ED&F Man is a pioneer as well as a trader in liquid agricultural by-and- co-products. We offer expertise in animal nutrition and feed dispense technology to farmers. We work closely with manufacturers, such as rum and yeast producers, to provide quality products from sustainable sources.
Within ED&F Man’s Animal Feed Division, Westway Feed Products, the Formulator plays a key role in assisting with product formulation in the US and Canada along with creating new potential products and maintaining finished product formulas. This role oversees the creation of new products and collaborates with Purchasing, Sales, and Operations to ensure products meet requested specifications.
Responsibilities to include, but are not limited to:
• Assist with product formulations in North & South America. Make edits, activate, and maintain/re-formulate formulas
• Review production logs for compliance to Westway standards. Report deviations from standards.
• Complete formulation system maintenance for all plants
• Assist operations in managing reworks, product investigation reports, and reworks
• Review and Update Ingredient Inclusion Rates for assigned region
• Review lab assay results for ingredients and finished products. Report results that have concerns
• Accurately and timely type, copy, collate and file documents as requested. Assist with data entry as needed
• Create New and Maintain existing Item Master Data
• Maintain files for feed tags, licensing, registrations, and other areas to help maintain an organized set of records
• Complete forms required by state and federal agencies for registrations, licenses, and/or tonnage reports
• Print, cut, and ship feed tags to plants and sales staff for distribution to customers either through direct handout or delivery with each shipment
• Develop, organize, and coordinate documents required for shipments into other countries
• Comply with applicable regulatory and company health, safety, environmental, and security requirements
Skills and Expertise
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in an agricultural related study OR relevant work experience within an agricultural or food manufacturing environment
• Knowledge of agricultural concepts and methods
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and working knowledge of office equipment
• Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with customers and co-workers, exemplary grammatical skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks, logistically organize and maintain many details and meet deadlines
• Ability to work independently with general direction from supervisor
HIGHLY COMPETITIVE PAY AND BENEFITS PACKAGE
And as an ever-friendly reminder: Researchers have found that men apply to roles when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria. Women and other underrepresented groups tend to apply only when they check every box. If you are interested, but don’t feel like you meet every single point on the job description, please still apply!
Here at ED&F Man we are guided by our five company values: Respect, Integrity, Meritocracy, Client Focus and Entrepreneurship. Our values are underpinned by a set of essential behaviours, which form part of our performance management approach. Delivering on our objectives is very much about ‘what’ we do, but these essential behaviours also provide a guide and measure for ‘how’ we do things. Our performance essentials are Take Initiative, Self‐Management, Deliver Results and Collaboration.
Equal Opportunities Statement
ED&F Man is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. All qualified applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to race, colour, sex, gender, age, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital or civil partner status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment (identity, gender expression), genetic information or any characteristic protected by local law.