ED&F Man Liquid Products Division is a leading global supplier in molasses, molasses blends and related liquid products as well as dry cargo products for (mainly) animal feed industry. The Amsterdam office is the regional headquarters for the European, Asian and African business within the Liquid Products Division and we have an exciting opportunity for someone to join us as an experienced and high calibre Financial Controller. The role provides long term potential for someone eager to further develop their career within the challenging and fast-paced soft commodities industry.
The Financial Controller supervises the book keeping and economic reporting. They accountable for monitoring and the implementation of internal financial controls. They will ensure that the company produces maximum profit while making sure to minimize loss, and oversees corporate financial activities and especially procedures related to planning, procurement, investment and accounting. The Financial Controller will also oversee the work of accounting personnel, provides guidance to other business lines such as corporate treasury and investment departments.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare economic reports, cost reports, financial plans, and financial forecasts on regular basis.
- Supervise financial analyst, and accounting staff.
- Mentors accounts for accounting and analysis duties.
- Responsible to control fiscal accountability in the operations of company.
- Ensures that decision makers are well aware with the financial implications of targets established for their company with in a period.
- Maintains general ledger systems and provide upgrades to ensure optimal quality.
- Collaborates with members and develops accounting systems and prepare plans for budget.
- Administers all business processes and ensures integrity of all information.
- Prepares all financial statements and budgets and prepares appropriate budgets for all financial processes.
- Supervises efficient working of all accounting officer and financial analysts.
- Monitors all financial records, ensures authenticity of all data and prepares appropriate presentations for same.
- Maintains documentation of all expenses incurred in organization.
- Oversees all accounts books and organizes it appropriately for financial year.
- Manages all financial operations of MLP companies and administer all fiscal functions.
- Coordinates with accounting department and utilizes approve funds for appropriate projects.
- Develops annual budgets and prepare monthly forecasts for same.
- Maintains accounts for companies under their responsibility.
- Budgeting, forecasting, financial analysis and month end close for those businesses under their responsibility.
- Margin analyses.
- Provide the Senior Manager Financial Control with effective financial information.
- Report monthly the financial performance to the Senior Manager Financial Control.
- Ensures that the compilation of accounts book is done at the end of every month and at the end of every financial year.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/economics and qualified accountant qualification preferred (RA/CPA or similar).
- Proven understanding of accounting and related technical areas such as Treasury, Tax and Risk.
- Ability to demonstrate commercial awareness and strong understanding of the importance of the core finance on the commercial functions.
- Specific knowledge of finance software (ERP), financial reporting systems and accounting rules (IFRS) and legislation.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively build strong working relationships across different functions and cultures and provide them with support.
- Experience in managing people and their teams is crucial.
- A strong focus on performance; sets high standards, results orientated and able to maintain performance under pressure.
- Flexible attitude and keen to take on new challenges.
- Must be very organised and able to work within tight deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Fluency in business English is required and Dutch and/or German preferred. Other languages are advantageous.
- Willing to travel (approximately 10%)
- High level of integrity, flexibility, ability to work under pressure and self-reflection are key attributes to perform this role.
Here at ED&F Man we are guided by our five company values: Respect, Integrity, Meritocracy, Client Focus and Entrepreneurship. Our values are underpinned by a set of essential behaviours, which form part of our performance management approach. Delivering on our objectives is very much about ‘what’ we do, but these essential behaviours also provide a guide and measure for ‘how’ we do things. Our performance essentials are Take Initiative, Self‐Management, Deliver Results and Collaboration.
Equal Opportunities Statement
ED&F Man is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. All qualified applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to race, colour, sex, gender, age, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital or civil partner status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment (identity, gender expression), genetic information or any characteristic protected by local law.