Westway Feed Products is North America’s largest manufacturer of liquid supplements for livestock. Additionally, we produce tub supplements, feed mill products, dried molasses and industrial products.
An opportunity has arisen for a Customer Support Specialist to join the team, initially in Tomball, Texas before an office move at the end of April to The Woodlands. The Customer Support Specialist will provide support for Westway customers. They will be responsible for managing existing business relationships and be a primary contact for customers. The Customer Support Specialist will ensure that Westway and the customer’s needs are handled in an efficient and profitable manner ensuring excellent customer service standards and maintaining high customer satisfaction.
Below is a list of essential duties of this position. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Serve as the main point of contact between the Customer and internal groups in Westway such as sales, operations, and supply chain.
- Process customer communication daily via telephone, email, text, and faxes. Enter orders into AX system for the Customer and facility based on the appropriate lead time required. Communicate with customers on freight charges, logistics and other transportation information.
- Engages with production facilities on customer orders and deliveries ensuring efficient customer and operations satisfaction.
- Resolve customer product or service problems, clarifying complaints, determining solutions, and following up to ensure resolution.
- Monitor and process no-ships according to policy guidelines, Process credits and re-bills daily. Adjust as necessary.
- Interact and communicate with clients and co-workers in a professional and appropriate manner with timely response. Provide feedback in a respectful and positive manner.
- Assist assigned Sales Group with Price FX support as well as customer communication.
- Train other Tomball staff on processes, procedures, MS AX, Price FX other software, etc. when necessary.
- Take the initiative to identify problems, use judgment to find appropriate solutions and follow through on resolving issues in a timely manner.
- Provide back-up and relief to other positions as appropriate.
- Support team efforts, actively work to generate respect and enthusiasm, cooperate with others, and actively learn from other team members.
- Report to work on time prepared to perform the duties of the position and willing to perform the duties as workload necessitates.
- Maintain confidentiality of all corporate, personnel and research matters.
- Employee shall comply with applicable regulatory and company health, safety, environmental, and security requirements. Employee is expected to complete required training in a timely manner; perform duties in a safe and environmentally sound manner; and immediately report injuries/illnesses.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, adapt to changing priorities and still meet business deadlines.
- Enthusiastic and adaptable with a practical approach to delivering real value to the business.
- Other duties as assigned or requested
- Prior successful industry customer service experience and / or proven track record of accomplishments working in an environment servicing both internal and external customers.
Minimum Experience, Skills, and Qualifications Required:
To perform the duties of this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below outline the knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies that are required in this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum 2 year experience as a customer service or administration
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written. Positive and professional attitude.
- Strong attention to detail, problem solving, prioritization, time management, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work and collaborate with cross functional teams.
- Preferred experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX ERP system a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn and use software
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, manuals, reports, and correspondence
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with customers and co-workers; ability to write correspondence and instructions, using exemplary grammatical and spelling skills
- Ability to interact with others in a professional and appropriate demeanor, work effectively with a diverse group of individuals and maintain effective working relationships with staff and customers
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, logistically organize and maintain many details and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with general direction from supervisor
- Capable of reporting to work on time prepared to perform duties of the position and willingness to perform duties as workload necessitates
- Ability to carry out the duties of this position while helping the company to meet its mission and while adhering to policies, procedures, and regulations.
The core concept of Westway’s business is to utilize co-products from other industries and convert them into safe, high-quality, cost effective, livestock feed supplements. While Westway’s primary ingredient for many of our products is molasses, we also incorporate other co-products such as glycerin, whey, corn solubles, corn steep and soy solubles. The concept of utilizing these co-products is the foundation of our sustainability platform.
Today, Westway operates 25 production facilities across the United States, Canada and Mexico. Our geographic reach allows for products to be developed according to environmental and production system variations across the country.
Westway Feed Products, based in Tomball, Texas, is a subsidiary of ED&F Man. Established in 1783, ED&F Man is a privately-owned agricultural commodities merchant with 6,000 people in 60 countries.
Here at ED&F Man we are guided by our five company values: Respect, Integrity, Meritocracy, Client Focus and Entrepreneurship. Our values are underpinned by a set of essential behaviours, which form part of our performance management approach. Delivering on our objectives is very much about ‘what’ we do, but these essential behaviours also provide a guide and measure for ‘how’ we do things. Our performance essentials are Take Initiative, Self‐Management, Deliver Results and Collaboration.
Equal Opportunities Statement
ED&F Man is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. All qualified applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to race, colour, sex, gender, age, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital or civil partner status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment (identity, gender expression), genetic information or any characteristic protected by local law.