Westway Feed Products is North America’s largest manufacturer of liquid supplements for livestock. Additionally, we produce tub supplements, feed mill products, dried molasses and industrial products. The core concept of Westway’s business is to utilize co-products from other industries and convert them into safe, high-quality, cost effective, livestock feed supplements. While Westway’s primary ingredient for many of our products is molasses, we also incorporate other co-products such as glycerin, whey, corn solubles, corn steep and soy solubles. The concept of utilizing these co-products is the foundation of our sustainability platform. Today, Westway operates 25 production facilities across the United States, Canada and Mexico. Our geographic reach allows for products to be developed according to environmental and production system variations across the country.
Westway Feed Products is a subsidiary of ED&F Man. Established in 1783, ED&F Man is an employee-owned agricultural commodities merchant with 5,500 people in 50 countries and annual revenue in excess of $8bn. ED&F Man is a pioneer as well as a trader in liquid agricultural by-and- co-products. We offer expertise in animal nutrition and feed dispense technology to farmers. We work closely with manufacturers, such as rum and yeast producers, to provide quality products from sustainable sources.
An opportunity has arisen for a Business Analyst to be based at either our office in New Orleans. The ideal candidate will need a strong background with Dynamics AX / D365 F&O with proven experience of working with the business stakeholders preferably within a similar industry.
You will work as part of a team responsible for understanding the needs of the business, identifying opportunities, and converting these into detailed improvements to systems and processes. This will involve the enhancement of existing systems, implementation of new functionality and/or in new locations, and follow-up support and training.
Responsibilities to include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for gathering, analyzing, and documenting requirements; developing specifications and solutions for software projects with focus on Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Act as liaison between operational business users and IT to support business needs via technical solutions
- Gather requirements from business users, analyze, document, and use understanding of system functionality to identify, test, and suggest solutions
- Coordination and delivery of system enhancements from assessment and specification of new business requirements to implementation
- Liaison with in-house IT department, external system programmers, business and accounting managers, and end users.
- Ensuring delivery of IT developments, user testing and effective implementation
- Provision of appropriate training and follow up support to the business. Including creation of training documentation and support materials
- Identification of opportunities for process improvements and driving through agreed changes
- Troubleshoot and resolve escalated helpdesk support requests in a timely manner
- Promotion of improved system usage within the business unit
ESSENTIAL Skills and Expertise
- Functional proficiency with Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 or D365 F&O
- Considerable experience in a business analyst role with ERP systems focused on Finance and Accounting modules and business processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, MIS, Information Technology, Accounting, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Understanding of operational modules, including setups and configurations – Inventory Management, Production Control, Sales, Procurement, Transportation & Warehouse Management
- Basic understanding of accounting principles and practices
- Ability to understand the interaction between the business needs and technology, including system design concepts
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work both within the business and IT providing clarity without technical jargon
- Self-motivated with the drive to push forward projects and ensure business buy-in
- Used to working within a team to accomplish joint goals
- Customer and service centric approach to systems delivery
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, adapt to changing priorities and still meet business deadlines
- Enthusiastic and adaptable with a practical approach to delivering real value to the business
PREFERRED Skills and Expertise
- Experience with ERP system implementation and/or upgrades
- Exposure to Microsoft Sure Step methodology
- Background in a process manufacturing and/or distribution environment.
- Previous exposure to business intelligence and reporting solutions would be an advantage
- Basic familiarity with relational databases, SQL, and client-server concepts
- Exposure to ERP system integrations with other business applications and systems
HIGHLY COMPETITIVE PAY AND BENEFITS PACKAGE
And as an ever-friendly reminder: Researchers have found that men apply to roles when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria. Women and other underrepresented groups tend to apply only when they check every box. If you are interested, but don’t feel like you meet every single point on the job description, please still apply!
Here at ED&F Man we are guided by our five company values: Respect, Integrity, Meritocracy, Client Focus and Entrepreneurship. Our values are underpinned by a set of essential behaviours, which form part of our performance management approach. Delivering on our objectives is very much about ‘what’ we do, but these essential behaviours also provide a guide and measure for ‘how’ we do things. Our performance essentials are Take Initiative, Self‐Management, Deliver Results and Collaboration.
Equal Opportunities Statement
ED&F Man is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. All qualified applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to race, colour, sex, gender, age, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital or civil partner status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment (identity, gender expression), genetic information or any characteristic protected by local law.