Volcafe has an opportunity for an experienced Markets Insights Manager. ED&F Man’s coffee business, Volcafe, is one of the largest traders of Arabica and Robusta coffees, providing beans for 80 billion cups of coffee a year. Volcafe’s expertise spans green coffee procurement and preparation, quality control, risk management and logistics. Its network of buying and selling offices covers over 90% of world production. Volcafe’s Sustainability Strategy works in three areas to achieve sustainable profitability for farmers and regenerative practices to combat climate change, and to support thriving communities through responsible citizenship.
Duties to include, but are not limited to:
- Create reports that are available across the business, adaptable and relevant for seniority
- Create insights to assist the commercial teams with trading strategies
- Add value to the business through analysis and interpretation of data
- Present insights to the Senior Leadership Team, as well as other teams in the business
- Deliver regular and ad-hoc reporting, analysis and insight into performance across the business
- Work with the Research and Sustainability teams to create customer centric reporting
- Provide trend analysis alongside historical performance data, identifying advanced insights to further growth opportunities or business risks
- Deliver insight and analysis to drive continuous improvements for commercial growth
- Identify and spot opportunities – take relevant steps to drive and present key recommendations to stakeholders
- Effectively manage the Coffee business data integrity across all our systems and solutions
- Gather reporting requirements from different levels of the business and identify gaps and use that to develop specification for new data consolidation and advanced analytics solution
- Work with technical partners internal and external to deliver solutions
- Continually review performance and make recommendations for improvements across process efficiency
- KPI analysis – continuously monitoring performance and identify areas of opportunity and improvement
- Support operations and product teams, providing dashboards and insight
- Continuously promote the use of data and analytics in business decision making
- Maintain accuracy in all analysis and support departments with automated and self-serve reporting
- Build and manage a technical BI team
Skills and Expertise
- Fluent in English
- MBA advantageous
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in an Insight driven role in Coffee trading or other commodities trading business environment
- Understanding of coffee trading, or any trading business is highly desirable
- Strong communication skills, excellent storyteller, getting to the key insights quickly and clearly
- Experience in engaging and interacting with Senior Management on a regular basis
- Builds and maintains excellent relationships with external and internal partners and the wider business
- Knowledge of working with data platforms, data analysis and visualization tools and techniques
- Proven track record with project management with multiple senior stakeholders in a trading environment.
- Experience with risk and issue management
And as an ever-friendly reminder: Researchers have found that men apply to roles when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria. Women and other underrepresented groups tend to apply only when they check every box. If you are interested, but don’t feel like you meet every single point on the job description, please still apply!
Established in 1783, ED&F Man is an employee-owned agricultural commodities merchant with 6,000 people in 50 countries and annual revenue in excess of $7bn. We trade sugar, coffee, molasses, animal feed and pulses.
ED&F Man’s coffee business, Volcafe, is one of the world’s largest traders of arabica and Robusta coffees and provides beans for 80 billion cups of coffee each year. Our expertise spans green coffee procurement and preparation, quality control, risk management and logistics.
We work in countries that collectively account for over 90% of world production. From single origin micro-lots to mainstream commercial grades and customised blends, we have what it takes to get the right product to our roaster and retail customers – on time, every time. We are also big on sustainability and traceability: our unique farmer outreach programme, known as The Volcafe Way, works directly with coffee growers to train them in best agronomy practice and sound business management.