Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Ensuring the quality and safety of our products is fundamental to the integrity of our global brands and businesses, and to our responsibility towards compliance with sound and ethical business practices. Our main objective for quality and food safety is being a responsible and reliable feed and food business operator by respecting our obligations towards feed and food safety law and our customers.
The Quality & Feed Safety Manager is responsible for managing the quality system and related procedures of all trading and distribution companies, including Storage Terminals and blend centres for Europe, Asia, and Africa. This includes pro-actively providing food safety training to staff and reporting to management on the effectiveness of the quality system.
The Quality & Feed Safety Manager is part of the global HSEQ team and within the division works closely with its counterpart in the United States.
The role works closely with various departments and teams, including Trading, Shipping, Operations, Logistics and Engineering, and supports these by discussing any concerns, developments, and customer requirements to ensure continued compliance in the most efficient way.
The main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing and maintaining the quality and feed safety management system (manual, procedures, forms, minimum standards) to ensure compliance with feed regulations and GMP+ FSA standards.
- Maintaining all standards, certifications, approvals, and registrations (ISO9001, GMP+ FSA) and advising the locations during projects and continuous improvement activities.
- Managing the preventative control systems (supplier review & approval, HACCP plans, product analysis program, recall plans, food defence plans, design reviews, etc).
- Compiling and executing the annual internal quality audit planning, within budget, and guiding external audits by authorities, certification bodies or customers. Monitoring the timely execution of required corrective actions to observations made and reporting of results to responsible company and divisional management.
- Supporting the corporate sustainability strategy by undertaking supplier and supply chain risk reviews to ensure their practices, products and services meet environmental, social and governance standards.
- Supporting the operations in ensuring continued compliance to Group policies, applicable rules and regulations and customer requirements, including developing proposals for the compliance to new or revised standards.
- Representing the quality department in projects to ensure effective management of change.
- Monthly reporting to divisional management on the effective performance of the quality and feed safety system, audit results, customer complaints, non-compliance issues and recommended actions.
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in in preferably Food Science or Quality Management or Business Administration.
- At least 5 years work experience in a quality management function, preferably in an international (feed / food) environment.
- Experience with quality systems, such as GMP+ FSA, ISO 9001, HACCP, TQM, and internal auditing.
- Knowledge of animal feed and food products is preferred.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn health, safety, and environmental regulations.
- Fluent in Dutch and English, other languages are preferred (e.g., German, Spanish).
- Flexible, adaptable, able to work with different cultures, adjust to change quickly, keen to take on new challenges, structured, organised, and able to work within tight deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively build strong working relationships with others and provide them with support and/or leadership.
- Right to work in the Netherlands.
- Ability and flexibility to travel for approximately 20%.
Who We Are
ED&F Man Liquid Products Division is the leading global supplier in molasses, molasses blends and related liquid products as well as dry products for (mainly) the animal feed industry. The Amsterdam office is the regional headquarters for the business covering Europe, Asia, and Africa.
Established in 1783, ED&F Man is an employee-owned agricultural commodities merchant with 3,500 people in 60 countries and annual revenue more than $8bn, with its head office in London, United Kingdom. We trade, store, process, ship, and distribute agricultural commodities, such as sugar, coffee, molasses, and pulses. Each year we trade 11m bags of coffee, 11m tonnes of sugar and 6m tonnes of animal feed. We work closely with our customers and suppliers.
At ED&F Man we are guided by our five company values: Respect, Integrity, Meritocracy, Client Focus and Entrepreneurship.
Our values are underpinned by a set of essential behaviours, which form part of our performance management approach. Delivering on our objectives is very much about ‘what’ we do, but these essential behaviours also provide a guide and measure for ‘how’ we do things. Our performance essentials are Take Initiative, Self-Management, Deliver Results and Collaboration.
Equal Opportunities Statement
ED&F Man is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. All applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, nationality, race, social or ethnic origin, colour, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, medical history, pregnancy status, religion, political opinion, union affiliation or veteran status.