ED&F Man Liquid Products Division is a leading global supplier in molasses, molasses blends and related liquid products as well as dry cargo products for food and (mainly) animal feed industry. The Cairo office acts as sourcing entity for molasses and beet pulp pellets for the Amsterdam office, which is the regional headquarters for the European, Asian and African business. We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our Cairo team as a Operations Specialist. The role will report to the Operations Manager.
The Operations Specialist is a key member of the Egyptian Trade Execution and Trading team, supporting trade supply chain processes and data management. This position requires strong communication skills, attention for details, positive professional attitude, and ability to work in a team environment.
The Operations Specialist will work as part of an ambitious team responsible for contract execution and will play a key role in our logistics operations. Operations Specialist will be required to visit third party locations for approx. 10% of their time based on business need if any, the job will need to have flexible working hours.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Day to day operations
- Manage the full approval process for each quantity/position, from start to finish.
- Make sure that all service providers are appointed before the start of the operations.
- Follow-up and monitor the operations at ports, mills and warehouses.
- Monitor the stocks numbers and report it consequently via Daily internally recap declaring the stocks number.
- Follow up transportation process, shipment and solve problems if any.
- Follow-up with Supervision company on exact quantities received from deliveries into warehouse.
- Visit Ports, Mills, Warehouses based on business requirements.
- Support the team with all external stakeholders such as (Supervision companies, freight, warehouse, stevedoring companies, port agents).
Payments and invoices.
- Follow up on service provider’s activities and payments based on our contracts.
- Review service providers invoices.
- Preparing documents for customs clearance
- Ensuring the export documentation such as bill of lading and packing list are issued in accordance with original instructions received from customer.
- Generating bookings with all shipping lines and submit FSD.
- Ensuring all data & information is updated promptly in system and spreadsheets.
- Updating Shipping records.
- Issuing customer invoice upon shipping based on actual shipping data.
We offer a challenging role in a very dynamic environment.
· An educational degree in a related area is preferred.
· 3-4 years of experience in operations role in an international environment (operation, Logistics, supply chain, FMCG).
· Fluent business English is required
· Flexible and adaptable; Keen to take on new challenges and go the extra mile
· Must be very organised and able to work within tight deadlines with minimum supervision
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively build strong working relationships
· Team player with an eye for detail
· Determined, resilient and eager to join the ED&F Man business
· High level of integrity, flexibility, ability to work under pressure and self-reflection are key attributes to perform in our company.
· Right to work in Egypt
Who We Are
Established in 1783, ED&F Man is an employee-owned agricultural commodities merchant with 5,000 people in 50 countries and annual revenue in excess of $7bn We trade, source, store, process, ship and distribute agricultural products, such as sugar, coffee, molasses and animal feed. We help our counterparties manage price risk through hedging and provide access to commodity and capital markets through our brokerage business. Each year we trade 11m bags of coffee, 11m tonnes of sugar and 6m tonnes of animal feed.
Here at ED&F Man we are guided by our five company values: Respect, Integrity, Meritocracy, Client Focus and Entrepreneurship. Our values are underpinned by a set of essential behaviours, which form part of our performance management approach. Delivering on our objectives is very much about ‘what’ we do, but these essential behaviours also provide a guide and measure for ‘how’ we do things. Our performance essentials are Take Initiative, Self-Management, Deliver Results and Collaboration.
Equal Opportunities Statement
ED&F Man is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. All qualified applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to race, colour, sex, gender, age, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital or civil partner status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment (identity, gender expression), genetic information or any characteristic protected by local law.