ED&F Man Liquid Products Division is a leading global supplier in molasses, molasses blends and related liquid products as well as beet pulp pellets and other dry cargo products for (mainly) animal feed industry. The Amsterdam office is responsible for the European, Asian and African business within the Liquid Products Division and we have an exciting opportunity for someone to join us as a Financial Controller. The role provides long term potential for someone eager to further develop their career within the soft commodities industry.
The Financial Controller is responsible for the management and administration of the several legal entities within the Liquid Products Business Unit. This role will play a key role as sparring partner and back-up for the Regional Financial Controller for EFE & Africa, within a team of 10 people.
• Managing all periodic reporting for multiple companies; financial reporting, group reporting and compliance.
• Interpret and analyse accounting information regarding profitability and against budget.
• Credit management: credit risk and collection.
• Managing cash flow, foreign exchange and other treasury functions.
• Finance expert responsibilities: tax, treasury, risk & audit.
• Key leadership role acting as interface with local functional and finance managers.
• Maintain control environment in challenging international trade environment.
Skills & Qualifications
• Master degree in accounting/economics and qualified accountant qualification preferred (RA/CPA or similar).
• Minimal 10 years of work experience in international context, of which significant experience in a similar role.
• Proven understanding of accounting and related technical areas such as Treasury, Tax and Risk.
• Specific knowledge of finance software (ERP), financial reporting systems and accounting rules (IFRS) and legislation.
• Excellent communication skills interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively build strong working relationships across different functions and cultures and provide them with support and/or leadership.
• A strong focus on performance; sets high standards, results orientated and able to maintain performance under pressure.
• Flexible attitude and keen to take on new challenges.
• Must be very organised and able to work within tight deadlines with minimum supervision.
• Fluency in business English is required and Dutch preferred. Other languages are advantageous.
• Willing to travel (approximately 10%).
Please note that this role is only open to ED&F Man employees