We provide ship-owners and traders with competitively priced freight and a world-class shipping service. We run a time charter fleet of about 35 modern bulk carriers, each with modern cranes and grabs, to transport cargo for customers, ranging from agricultural trading houses to industrial end-users. To meet shipping demands and contractual needs, wherever they may be, we combine our worldwide portfolio of time-chartered vessels with access to spot chartered tonnage. Working with the Head of Shipping, finance staff and commercial teams, this finance position offers potential for growth and career progression. We are looking for a commercial leader who is able to drive the business forward.
• Lead the preparation of the daily exposure report which is issued to members of the executive committee, the front desk and to the Operations team.
• Lead the preparation of the overheads monthly review process and ensure any anomalies are investigated and corrected/understood.
• Lead the preparation of the weekly P&L results.
• Assist the Senior FC to ensure timely and accurate production of corporate monthly management and statutory accounts.
• Assist with the preparation of the analytical commentary and analysis on the monthly numbers.
• Assist with the corporate annual budget process.
• Assist with the preparation and management of the statutory year end process for corporate entities including liaison with external auditors at year end and at interim review.
• Assist the Senior FC with preparation of the monthly risk reports for CDRC.
• Monitor the hedging strategy for the company with regards to fuel exposure. Including advising when necessary, operations and traders when there is an exposure if not hedged.
• Assist with monthly forecast of full year P&L.
• Provide robust weekly financial controls.
• Assist Operations to ensure correct entry flow from Softmar to Itas.
• Closely monitor the daily cash position with respect to Shipping’s derivative clearing account with MCM.
• Assist the senior financial controller with all ad hoc queries.
Skills & Qualifications
Please note that this role is only open to current ED&F Man employees