Location: Stockton, United States
We are looking for an experienced Assistant Terminal Manager to play a key role within this global Commodity Trading and Financial Services organization. You will be based in our Stockton, California plant. Working within our highly diverse business you will have the opportunity to make a real impact working on a range of regional and global projects, support on the day-to- day management.
- Directly supervises and coordinates the activities of the terminal staff, including time off requests. Assists the Terminal Manager with staff recruitment, training, performance management, compensation, and discipline.
- Coordinates production, receiving and shipping. Ensures orders are filled correctly.
- Observes and makes recommendations regarding the efficiency of the Terminal’s operational processes.
- Assists in planning and coordinating customer service activities in consultation with the Terminal Manager.
- Acts as a contact for customers in conjunction with Terminal Manager.
- Coordinates with office staff regarding work product and orders. Ensures orders are correctly fulfilled.
- Enforces company policies and procedures to promote and ensure a safe and environmentally responsible workplace. Assists with safety meetings and inspections.
- Ensures all production is carried out per company polices and regulations, including ensuring appropriate product mixing/blending and coordinating the logistics and movement of product.
- Plans and completes record keeping programs required for regulatory compliance.
- Assists with terminal audits and inspection.
- Completes special projects as requested by management.
- Interacts and communicates with staff and co-workers in a professional and appropriate manner and responds to and gives feedback in a respectful and positive manner.
- Takes the initiative to identify problems, uses judgment to find appropriate solutions and follows through on resolving issues in a timely manner.
- Maintains confidentiality of all corporate, personnel and research matters.
- Supports team efforts, actively works to generate respect and enthusiasm, cooperates with others, and actively learns from other team members.
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum 1 year experience as an operator at a related terminal, refinery, food manufacturer or tank vessel experience
- Knowledge of and ability to supervise staff
- Knowledge of and skill in operating equipment
- Ability to use hand/power tools
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents (regulations, policies, reports, bids, etc.), blueprints, drawings
- Ability to effectively present information, communicate with, and respond to questions and complaints from staff, co-workers, management, and customers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software and ability to learn other software
- Knowledge of pertinent laws and regulations