The position of Group Reporting Manager is based within our Head Office Group Finance team. This is an integral role to the smooth running of the department, and in addition to supporting the Group Financial Controller, will also regularly provide support to the Group Finance Director and Group CEO.
The key to success in this role is being someone who wants to “own” the Group’s data and build a detailed understanding of what is behind all material numbers in the P&L and Balance Sheet on an ongoing basis. This means you’ll need to be curious by nature and be able to take initiative and work autonomously when needed.
This role offers a unique opportunity to be exposed to a wide variety of financial issues which require accounting input, analysis and solutions. You'll be responsible for all forms of reporting – management and statutory, as well as budgeting, forecasting and credit analysis. You’ll also have exposure to other corporate areas and wider divisional accounting issues.
Last, but not least, you’ll have responsibility for managing and motivating a team, so will need to have experience of developing people. You’ll need to set the strategy and vision for the team and work closely with them to achieve their own, and the business goals.
• Delivery of timely and accurate consolidated monthly management reports
• Analytical review on the Group’s numbers
• Manage the annual Budget and Long Term Forecasting process
• Co-ordination and management of the statutory year-end process, including monitoring of audit issues and liaison with external auditors
• Report central treasury covenants and support Treasury with additional financial data requests and credit analysis
• Review Group Finance and Business Unit reporting practices and suggest improvements
• Work regularly with the Business Units to provide assistance with reporting for transactions and feedback on quality of results’ submissions
• Additional ad hoc tasks that arise
• Lead, direct, and motivate the Group Reporting Team, ensuring the roles and responsibilities are clearly defined and communicated (including Finance Development Program participants )
• Set clear, stretching goals for the team, regularly assessing and discussing performance
• Recognise, celebrate and communicate our successes
• Role model leadership behaviours and company values, always being aware of your impact on the wider team
• Carefully and sensitively handle confidential information, communicating difficult messages with empathy and understanding
• Apply a continuous improvement mind-set, constantly looking for ways to enhance the quality of outputs from the team
Skills & Qualifications
• ACA qualified accountant (or equivalent) with a significant number of years PQE
• Strong technical knowledge of IFRS
• Solid accounting skills, with an ability to apply yourself to the everyday accounting issues facing the group and individual businesses
• Experience of managing complex global consolidations, including multi-currency and multi-level consolidations
• Strong systems experience is essential – Hyperion (HFM) experience is desired/or experience of a complex consolidation package is required
• An ability to take initiative, roll up your sleeves and have a “hands-on” approach
• A strong work ethic, the ability to work to tight deadlines, and be able to deal with competing priorities
• You are a strategic thinker with the ability to analyse, prioritise, generate ideas, make proposals, gain buy-in and implement solutions effectively
• Strong personal gravitas and ability to communicate with and persuade all types of people (both technical and non-technical audiences)
• You’ll need to be an ambitious and highly motivated self-starter with commitment to quality and professionalism
• Proven experience of people management with an ability to inspire, motivate, mentor and build commitment and success
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
These key behaviours will apply to the way you perform this role. A full description of these can be found on My Career:
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS VACCANCY IS ONLY OPEN TO INTERNAL APPLICATIONS ONLY