The Genuine Origin Coffee Project is a new venture, launched by Volcafe, a global leader with over a century’s worth of experience sourcing and selling coffee. Leveraging our extensive presence at Origin and vast network of partners, Genuine Origin was established to re-envision the supply chain to better serve our farmer partners and independent specialty coffee roasters.
You’ll be the face of our business to independent specialty coffee roasters – you’ll champion our values, brand and products, generate sales, and be an engaged member of the coffee community. What’s most exciting about this opportunity is the chance to build something new. As a regional partnership manager, you’ll work directly with our business leadership, and your entrepreneurship, creativity and energy will grow and shape this new business in your region.
We are committed to a work environment where each person is challenged to take ownership, the team is focused on achievement, and we’re encouraged to be creative and take risks that let us and our partners succeed.
• Build and maintain customer relationships
Plan and carry out weekly activities to meet monthly and annual goals for:
o number of contacts;
o customer acquisition; and
o sales revenue.
Once you’ve established customers, provide support to deepen the relationship.
• Promote Genuine Origin coffees
Introduce roasters to Genuine Origin coffees – both standard ‘types’ and rotating selection of micro-lots and special offerings.
• Build Genuine Origin’s regional brand presence
Actively engage with the regional coffee community, sponsor and/or host events, and continually develop opportunities to highlight Genuine Origin’s work.
• Gather market intelligence and customer insights
Build CRM capability and gather local intelligence to inform our marketing and sales approach, product and service offerings, and innovation opportunities.
• Engage with the Genuine Origin team
Continually build and share coffee and origin expertise.
Skills & Qualifications
• Personal investment in coffee, with the ability to speak humbly and authentically about coffee-related topics.
• Minimum five years’ experience as a coffee professional, with sales experience or genuine interest in sales.
• Demonstrable success building account relationships.
• Highly motivated with exceptional prioritization skills and ability to self-direct day-to-day activity.
• Understands roaster and café operations and profitability.
• Desires continuous learning and improvement.
• Sets and maintains high performance standards.
• Interested in sustainability and origin topics.