ED&F Man Liquid Product Division is looking for a strong Business Analyst with experience of operating within a physical commodities trading house. You will work as part of a team responsible for understanding the needs of the business, identifying opportunities and converting these into detailed improvements to systems and processes. This will involve the enhancement of existing systems, implementation in new locations and follow up support and training. The ideal candidate will need strong commercial understanding (preferably agricultural commodities) with proven experience of working with the business stakeholders.
• Coordination and delivery of system enhancements from assessment and specification of new business requirements to implementation.
• Liaison with in-house Group IT department, external system programmers, commercial and accounting managers and end users.
• Ensuring delivery of IT developments, user testing and effective implementation.
• Provision of appropriate training and follow up support to the business.
• Identification of opportunities for process improvements and driving through agreed changes.
• New business system implementations in overseas operations.
• Enhancement of information reporting to the business through multiple channels.
• Promotion of improved system usage within the business unit.
Skills & Qualifications
Several years’ experience of working within commodity trading, global logistics or global FMCG companies would be an advantage. You will ideally have operated within IT departments but in a business facing role or within the business having a strong commercial understanding of IT projects.
• Understanding of business processes, commercial activities and accounting principles.
• Ability to understand the interaction between the business needs and technology, including system design concepts.
• Strong communication skills with the ability to work both within the business and IT providing clarity without technical jargon.
• Project management skills with experience of managing business and IT resources.
• Self-motivated with the drive to push forward projects and ensure business buy-in.
• Used to working within a team to accomplish joint goals.
• Customer and service centric approach to systems delivery.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks, adapt to changing priorities and still meet business deadlines.
• Enthusiastic and adaptable with a practical approach to delivering real value to the business.
• Previous exposure to business intelligence and reporting solutions would be an advantage
• Experience of working internationally would be beneficial.
• Must be business fluent in English (written & spoken)