ED&F Man Capital Markets (“MCM”) is recruiting for a Credit Risk Officer to join our existing credit risk department and help support effective Credit Risk controls and provide Counterparty analysis for this fast-paced division of ED&F Man Group. The role will focus on MCM’s Frontier Markets FOREX business which has a majority client base domiciled on the African continent. The role will report to the Deputy Head of Credit Risk for the European Capital Markets Division.
• Primary focus on the preparation of credit analysis and applications covering MCM’s African FX client base for presentation to Credit Committee.
• Liaising with business units to advise and recommend credit thresholds for new or existing clients.
• Reviewing wholesale business documentation and advising on credit mitigation terms to protect the interests of the firm.
• Managing and sponsoring Group guarantees for MCM Counterparty relationships as required.
• Ensuring that all credit requests are completed on a timely basis. Undertaking reviews of clients and counterparties at least annually
• Preparation of Management Information for Credit Committee and other forums.
• Maintaining close contact with clients/counterparties and accompanying Account Executives on client visits as required.
• Monitoring client performance against transaction obligations. Checking breaches of credit/trading limits and ensuring appropriate action taken.
• Maintaining global credit ratings for all client and counterparties with whom MCM has exposure.
• Approving the opening of new accounts, ensuring all relevant documentation is present and correct from a credit perspective.
• Ad hoc reports/duties as required by Senior Credit /Risk Management.
Skills & Qualifications
• The applicant will have at least 4 years of Credit experience gained within a financial institution, specializing in corporate and financial counterparties based on the African continent.
• Highly numerate with excellent academic record and excellent organisational skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent knowledge of exposure types relating to Foreign Exchange brokerage business.
• Strong analytical and IT skills are required (Excel VBA, SQL an advantage).
• The role is demanding and the candidate must be able to adapt and prioritise as the business dictates.
The role requires good communication skills and the ability to develop good relationships with the trading desks. The successful applicant will also display team skills, enthusiasm and the initiative to drive efficiency and change where required.
• French language a distinct advantage.