Location: London, United Kingdom
In-house Corporate Development Lawyer
We have an opportunity for an experienced professional with a strong legal background working within an in-house legal or M&A team to join ED&F Man’s Corporate Development team in London.
Whilst the principal focus of the role is legal, it would suit an individual who is interested in a broader M&A role within a small Corporate Development team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on a broad spectrum of cross-border M&A activity in support of ED&F Man’s growth across a wide range of agricultural commodities, as well as in respect of ED&F Man’s Capital Markets division.
It is essential that you have practical experience of working on M&A transactions of varying size and complexity and are prepared to work in a broad role. We are looking for a commercially astute self-starter, with the ability to assume responsibility quickly, as well as a strong team player.
The successful candidate will join at a time when M&A activity in agricultural commodities is at an all-time high and unprecedented challenges and opportunities exist in the market.
- Work as a member of a small team, including three Corporate Financiers, that manages the deal execution process from due diligence all the way through to closing;
- Co-ordinate the M&A process;
- Review and advise on legal documentation including, inter alia, confidentiality agreements, letters of engagement, offer letters, term sheets, share purchase agreement, joint venture agreements, loan documentation and letters of representation; and
- Work as part of project team on M&A transactions, managing a number of stakeholders from different areas of the group.
- Minimum 6 years PQE qualified solicitor or relevant professional qualification mandatory
- Relevant legal experience gained in an in-house Corporate Development legal team working on M&A transactions of varying scale;
- Experience in corporate development / finance in a commodities company having had specific exposure to cross border commodities related transactions in mainline Europe, Africa and UK
- The successful candidate will have extensive relevant experience including experience of M&A negotiation and documentation;
- Strong analytic capability and the ability to think strategically;
- Proven ability to work commercially alongside non-legal and non M&A colleagues;
- First class communication skills with confidence to communicate internally and externally;
- Strong team player and self-starter with ability to assume responsibility quickly; and
- One or more of a Chartered Accountant, Corporate Finance or MBA qualification would be beneficial.
Closing date: 14 June 2017