We are looking to recruit a tax manager to join a small but established and experienced tax team managing the tax of the ED&F Man group. This role will have a focus on the commodity side of the business. This is a multi-tax project focused role which will support the business by providing tax advice on a wide range of international business transactions, including joint ventures, corporate restructurings, and reorganizations, as well as considering the tax effect of entering new markets.
• Involvement in BEPS related risk management projects and reviewing country by country requirements.
• Management of tax risk is a fundamental part of the role and involves linking end to end documentation and controls.
• Supporting the individual Business Units with Transfer Pricing advice as well as benchmarking analysis and documentation.
• Management of entity reduction programme and ad hoc internal restructuring projects as they arise.
• Advice on indirect taxes including the preparation of intra-stat and VAT returns
• Research tax issues related to the overseas business and assess the implication for the wider business.
• Liaise with both internal and external stakeholders.
• Monthly high level tax charge review and year end reporting.
Skills & Experience
• A good accounting and tax background with 2+ years post qualifying experience with CTA / ACA.
• Proven ability to manage day to day work and balance project deadlines.
• The role will have exposure to the respective Business Units from day one therefore good communication skills (written and oral) are essential.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build working relationships across departments.
• Good analytical skills and the ability to assess the wider commercial implications.
• This role is ideal for an individual who values technical variety and the interaction between taxes as the role has exposure to both Direct and Indirect taxes in order to support the overseas commodity businesses.
• Proficient in Excel, Word and Powerpoint