Purpose of Role
As a member of ED & F Man’s IT team, this position is responsible for maintaining the local and wide area networks, VPNs and other data connections and the telephone systems.
Support of ED&F Man’s global network infrastructure and liaison with 3rd party Network and communication partners.
• Configuration and management of LAN
• Configuration and management of WAN
• Configuration and maintenance of routing for all services
• Management of Fortinet global security platform – Firewalls, IDS, IPS, AV etc.
• Monitoring off devices to proactively identify
• Configuration and management of core VPLS network, P2P and other 3rd party data connections
• Delivery of standardised enhancements (such as installing Wi-Fi AP and configuring a single global SSID)
• VLAN management and creation as well as managing IP addresses
• Liaising with 3rd party support providers such as BT, Fortinet, Zayo etc. etc.
• Extensive knowledge of VPN technologies.
• Performance monitoring and tuning.
• Design and planning of network upgrades or changes
• Identification of weaknesses and single points of failure in the global network
• Recommending upgrades and improvements as necessary to support on-going projects.
• To take part in the 24/7 On-Call rota
Knowledge & Skills
• Cisco For
• Manage Engine
• TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
• Security and VPN principals
• Cabling and network patching
• Network device backups and restores
• Testing – functional and performance
• Ability to manage incidents through to resolution
• Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
• Initiative to seek information in unstructured and undocumented environment as well as being able to then document network changes.
• ITIL processes and desire to follow processes with little formal control
• Attention to detail and meticulous planning
• Degree Level preferred but not essential if relevant experience can be demonstrated in a consultant or architect capacity
• Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar or relevant role and minimum of 8 years in IT support department
Certificates / Licenses
• CCNA, CEH