Purpose of Role
Supports the companies e-mail and messaging services including but not limited to Exchange, Office 365, Skype for business and Mimecast working to maximise the uptime, stability, performance and security of the messaging infrastructure globally both on premises and utilising cloud services where applicable in accordance with strategic aims and key performance targets. The individual will be the technical lead for messaging technologies but will also be expected to contribute to all areas of infrastructure and support. Exploits the potential of messaging services for the organisation and its partners, including design, installation and functional enhancement. Working closely with the networks, infrastructure, active directory management and security teams to recommend new solutions where applicable and maintain support and service to the user community. Complies with ITIL processes in carrying out the role. The role will be a mixture of project based work and BAU support.
• Provides expertise in planning, designing, and implementing Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, Lync Online, Yammer and Office Productivity Services in Office 365
• Provides hands-on installation, configuration and administration for online and on premise environments
• Perform MS Exchange/SharePoint(2007-2013) and Office 365 architecture, design/migration and troubleshooting activities
• Review and Analyze customer's business and technical requirements and align these with MS cloud offerings and on premise IT Systems
• Closely work with Project Manager(s) and help identify project tasks/activities along with effort estimates
• Participates and leads development in both business and technology strategies by utilizing knowledge of industry trends and key issues. Regularly interacts with executives.
• Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
• Defines the scope of integration by understanding the customer's issues and conceiving deliverables.
• Documenting Technical findings, assessment outcome, recommendations and workshop presentations
• Experience using SharePoint MOSS (2007 and 2010) tools for business purposes plus integration with MS Office productivity tools (Word, Excel, Access, Project, PowerPoint, Visio and SQL Server)
• Understanding the system development life cycle and can train others on SDLC concepts
• Reviewing and analyzing Requirement, Functional Specification, and Test Requirement documents
• Experience implementing and maintaining MS cloud based solutions
• Experience deploying and maintaining on premise servers and services with majority of experience in MS Exchange, MS Lync, MS SharePoint, and related technologies such as Identity and access management, Single Sign-on and 3rd party apps.
• Experience working with mid-size and large enterprise customers (MS) with
o Significant hands-on architecture and administration experience in MS Technologies, with 3-4 years in cloud based environments
o Experience in deploying and supporting mission-critical (24/7) systems
o Experience implementing MS SharePoint and/or Exchange (2007 and 2010)
o Experience in the following areas:
MS Deployment and Readiness Assessment Tools
MS AD, LDAP, and/or 3rd party Identity management
DNS Services, DHCP Services, WINS, IIS Server, Clustering
ISA, ADFS, UAG, ADConnect
Server virtualization: Hyper-V, VMware a plus
SQL Server Configuration and Administration
Knowledge & Skills
• Superior customer facing and technical skills
• Experience working directly with vendors
• Project management experience
• Familiarity backup solutions (e.g. NetBackup, Backup Exec, SAN Technology) a plus
• Ability to assess client’s environment prior to migration
• Ability to develop project plans
• Ability to document migration plan
• Ability to develop deployment and test plans
• Capability to assume the role of team leader within a process and project-oriented organization
• Methodical approach to problem solving and resolution
• Self-driven and resourceful to achieve goals independently as well as work well in groups
• Flexibility to adjust to changing requirements, schedules and priorities
• Ability to socialize ideas, make recommendations and gather team consensus to move forward
• Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing to technical and non-technical audiences at all levels in an organization
• Ability to develop procedural documentation Ability to develop and conduct effective presentations
• Ability to effectively demonstrate products and solutions
• Utilise a broad spectrum of technology to produce part or all the technical solution for users
• Apply depth and breadth of technical knowledge and be individually responsible for the design and scope of deliverables within a field of expertise.
• Contribute to knowledge tools and communities, and ensure learnings are shared for reuse.
• 5 years’ experience working on enterprise deployments of core messaging and support technologies
• Windows Server all versions
• Active Directory
• Exchange 2007/2010/2013
• Migration experience of moving from legacy messaging solution to Exchange 2010/2013/O365
• Office 365
• Experience of designing Exchange solution from conception to delivery
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience of troubleshooting and working with Microsoft Outlook
• Load Balancing Technologies
• Virtualization Technologies
• Secure Email
• MCSE Certification
• Lync/Skye for Business
• SharePoint integration
• Knowledge of network protocols, network hardware, web technologies.
• Demonstrated technical understanding of cloud services architecture and multi-tenant connectivity solutions (Office 365, AWS etc.)
• Excellent customer facing, presentation, interpersonal and communication skills, with an ability to share expertise with others.
• Broad understanding of technical and complex change programmes.
• Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously
• Exceptionally self-motivated, directed and detail-oriented traits.
• Superior analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities.
• Able to adapt to changing circumstances effectively
• Degree or equivalent experience
• Minimum 7 years of Full time work experience in a similar role
Certificates / Licenses
• Bachelor’s degree, technical degree, or equivalent experience
• MCITP and MCSA Cloud. CCNA and VCP are a plus
• Additional certifications in OS, DBA and Development a plus