We are looking for a hands on IT support team leader to join our growing IT team. As a team leader you will have some experience of managing small teams but must have the ability to be hands on and take on operational day to day responsibilities. Our service delivery has two areas the Service Desk and Desktop Support Team. As a Support Team Leader you will be passionate about Customer Service and have a technical ability.
• Responsible for BAU duties for the Service Desk & Desktop Support teams and ensuring adherence to agreed SLA's.
• Provide training, development, and coaching to Service Desk Analysts & Desktop Support Analysts, ensuring they possess the correct knowledge and skills required to provide accurate, relevant information and guidance on all aspects of IT Support.
• Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge base and understanding of all IT Systems ensuring compliance is maintained through team knowledge, process, procedures, and documentation.
• Work collaboratively with other departments as required, to achieve common goals, share best practice, support projects, contribute to improvement initiatives and help drive business change.
• Act as an escalation point ensuring complaints are managed appropriately through to resolution whilst maintaining communication with relevant internal stakeholders.
• Provide regular reports to the Service Delivery Manager on adherence to agreed KPIs and SLAs and any resulting actions.
• Administer staff resourcing.
• Look to develop and propose business improvement opportunities, including system enhancements with team involvement where appropriate, encouraging continuous improvement.
Person / Technical Specification
• Windows 7/10
• MS Office - all versions
• Symantec (Norton) anti-virus
• Monitors, Printer and general desktop hardware
• Active Directory skills
• Exchange 2007/2010
• Must be able to demonstrate the ability to diagnose and trouble shoot IT issues
• Initiative to seek information in unstructured and undocumented environment
• ITIL processes and desire to follow processes with little formal control
• Able to quickly learn and support bespoke business applications
• MAC OS
• Remote User Support
• Mobile device support (iPhones/iPads, Windows Surface)
• Desktop and Server Administration
• Clear and effective communicator
• Projects a positive, friendly, and professional image in person and on the phone
• Demonstrates a passion for customer service
• Reliable and flexible
• Good team player
• Strong communication skills
• 3 years Desktop Support experience
• 1-year Team Leader experience
• Ability to work proactively, under pressure and independently with minimal direction
Ability to lead, manage and influence team/s
• Coaching skills
• Well spoken, articulate and positive. Excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Professional manner, able to construct business emails and establish rapport.
• Excellent customer focus.
• Ability to remain calm under pressure and handle challenging customers.
• Good organisational skills, time management and ability to multi-task and prioritise to meet targets and deadlines
• Positive and flexible approach to working with a can-do attitude.
• Confident reporting skills. Able to produce reports from varying in-house databases to measure KPI's.
• Avaya Telephone Support