This is a rare opportunity for a high calibre business development professional to join the strategy and project development team of the Liquid Products business unit at ED&F Man as a Business Analyst.
This role offers significant opportunities working on a broad spectrum of development related activities across the Liquid Products business with a primary focus on our European operations but also other markets in the Americas and Asia.
Activities will cover all phases of the development and execution of investment initiatives including market feasibility research, business case development, financial evaluation, approval justification, project management, post project reviews and much more.
It is essential that you have a broad view of business dynamics, a keen enquiring mind, ability to work with numbers and a willingness to get hands-on in driving activities forward. Experience in investment transactions and/or M&A activities will be helpful. We are looking for a commercially astute self-starter, with the ability to assume significant responsibility quickly, as well as a strong team player.
ED&F Man is a world leading trader of agricultural commodities, logistics, risk management and financial services. We operate in a highly entrepreneurial environment providing the opportunity to build an international career in a partnership culture.
• Member of a lean team that is focused on moving forward strategic initiatives of the Liquid Products Division
• Working through all phases of strategic and investment opportunities from origination, evaluation and justification, right through to closing and execution
• Managing multiple projects and opportunities at different stages simultaneously
• Evaluate opportunities and initiatives put forward by commercial managers against fundamental and market analysis
• Putting together feasibility assessments that includes commercial justifications and basic financial analysis
• Manage internal approval process for investment proposals to Executive Committee and Board of Directors
• Co-ordinate project execution process (both internal and externally) by being the central contact point
• Serve as a sounding board to the commercial group for ideas, initiatives and projects
• Staying up to date with trends that influence our various business lines and operating countries
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, Agriculture or related field
• MBA would be advantageous
• 3-5 years of work experience in a similar role as part of an in-house team, or for an investment firm, private equity group or such
• Base understanding of finance and legalities in business
• High level of analytic capability and the ability to think strategically. Inquisitive and pushes to probe beneath the surface
• Strong numerical skills and able to work with large data sets
• Robust research and analysis skills to evaluate potential opportunities including competitor and industry analysis, market potential and trends, across a wide range of industry sectors
• Excellent organizational skills, able to manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Not office bound and enjoys being out in the field sometimes to understand the market and project