Functional Support Specialist
Functional Support Specialist
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
ED&F Man Liquid Products Division is a leading global supplier in molasses, molasses blends and related liquid products as well as dry cargo products for (mainly) animal feed industry. The Amsterdam office is the regional headquarters for the European, Asian and African business. The Functional Support Specialist will report to the IT Manager based in Amsterdam.
The Functional Support Specialist will work as part of a team addressing questions and queries from the business, identifying opportunities and converting these into detailed improvements to systems and processes for Europe, Asia and Africa. This role will involve first line support, the enhancement of existing business systems, implementation in new locations and follow-up support and training.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Providing first line support for users of our (CTRM-system) business application.
· Functional testing of new developments in this business application and ensuring effective implementation.
· Providing appropriate training and documentation to the business.
· Sharing best practises and improved system usage within the business unit.
· Coordinating and delivering of system enhancements from analysing the root cause and specification of new business requirements to implementation.
· Liaising with in-house Technology department, commercial/finance managers and end users.
· Identifying of opportunities for process improvements and implementing agreed changes.
Skills & Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
· Approx. 5 years of experience in a similar role in FMCG environment.
· Must be business fluent in English (written & spoken), Dutch preferred.
· Customer and service minded approach to systems delivery.
· Enthusiastic and analytical with a practical approach to delivering real value to the business.
· Strong communication skills with the ability to work both within the business and IT, providing clarity to all parties without technical jargon.
· Understanding of (trading/logistics/manufacturing) business processes, commercial activities and accounting principles.
· Ability to multi-task, adapt to changing priorities and still meet business deadlines.
· Ability to understand the interaction between the business needs and technology, including system design concepts.
· Self-motivated with the drive to push forward system developments and ensure business buy-in.
· Used to working within a team to accomplish joint goals.
· Previous exposure to business intelligence and reporting solutions would be an advantage.
· High level of integrity, flexibility, ability to work under pressure and self-reflection are key attributes to perform this role.
• Right to work in The Netherlands.
Who We Are
Established in 1783, ED&F Man is an employee-owned agricultural commodities merchant with7,000 people in 60 countries and annual revenue in excess of $10bn We trade, source, store process ship and distribute agricultural products, such as sugar, coffee, molasses, animal feed, and pulses. We help our counterparties manage price risk through hedging and provide access to commodity and capital markets through our brokerage business. Each year we trade 11m bags of coffee, 11m tonnes of sugar and 6m tonnes of animal feed. We work closely with our customers and suppliers and help our counterparties manage price risk through hedging.
Here at ED&F Man we are guided by our five company values: Respect, Integrity, Meritocracy, Client Focus and Entrepreneurship. Our values are underpinned by a set of essential behaviours, which form part of our performance management approach. Delivering on our objectives is very much about ‘what’ we do, but these essential behaviours also provide a guide and measure for ‘how’ we do things. Our performance essentials are Take Initiative, Self-Management, Deliver Results and Collaboration.
Equal Opportunities Statement
ED&F Man is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. All qualified applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to race, colour, sex, gender, age, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital or civil partner status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment (identity, gender expression), genetic information or any characteristic protected by local law.
Please view our Recruitment Privacy Notice on our careers website: http://www.edfman.com/recruitment-privacy. Should you have any questions regarding this notice, please do not hesitate to contact the Human Resources team of your chosen role.
Acquisitions in relation to this add are not appreciated.