New Cairo, Egypt
ED&F Man Liquid Products Division is a leading global supplier in molasses, molasses blends and related liquid products as well as dry cargo products for (mainly) animal feed industry. The Amsterdam office is the regional headquarters for the European, Asian and African business. The Accountant will work towards supporting the Egyptian beet pulp pellets and molasses business. The role will report to the Financial Controller based in Amsterdam with a dotted line to the local Managing Director.
The Accountant is responsible for performing general financial accounting tasks in accordance with financial accounting principles for MLP business in Egypt.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Maintain the day-to-day accounts and preparation for month end close.
· Prepare monthly financial performances and quantitative management information.
· Perform credit control/debt collection.
· Maintain Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable (AR/AP).
· Manage online banking including online payments and transfers.
· Prepare monthly account reconciliations.
· Analyse and report monthly and operating expenses and overheads and reconcile P&L
· Run balance sheet reconciliation on quarterly basis
· Maintain Cash Flow Sheet on daily basis.
· Maintain supporting documents for all transactions.
· Complete and submit Withholding tax, payroll tax and VAT forms and ensure payments are made within deadline for the entity.
· Send daily report to commercial executive.
· Initiate, suggest and demonstrate process improvement.
Skills & Qualifications
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent professional degree
· Minimum 1-3 years of accounting or finance experience preferably in an international environment.
· Adequate computer skills (Excel, Word and relevant accounting software systems).
· Excellent oral and written business Arabic and English.
· Good organizational skills; thorough & detail oriented at work.
· Pro-active and able to set priorities and follow through.
· Ability to manage multiple priorities and work well under time pressure and with tight deadlines.
· Strong team player and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Good analytical skills.
· Good verbal and written communication skills, able to communicate effectively with people at all levels.
· High level of integrity, flexibility, ability to work under pressure and self-reflection are key attributes to perform this role.
· Right to work in Egypt.
Who We Are
Established in 1783, ED&F Man is an employee-owned agricultural commodities merchant with 7,000 people in 60 countries and annual revenue in excess of $10bn We trade, source, store process ship and distribute agricultural products, such as sugar, coffee, molasses, animal feed, and pulses. We help our counterparties manage price risk through hedging and provide access to commodity and capital markets through our brokerage business. Each year we trade 11m bags of coffee, 11m tonnes of sugar and 6m tonnes of animal feed. We work closely with our customers and suppliers and help our counterparties manage price risk through hedging.
Here at ED&F Man we are guided by our five company values: Respect, Integrity, Meritocracy, Client Focus and Entrepreneurship. Our values are underpinned by a set of essential behaviours, which form part of our performance management approach. Delivering on our objectives is very much about ‘what’ we do, but these essential behaviours also provide a guide and measure for ‘how’ we do things. Our performance essentials are Take Initiative, Self-Management, Deliver Results and Collaboration.
Equal Opportunities Statement
ED&F Man is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. All qualified applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to race, colour, sex, gender, age, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital or civil partner status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment (identity, gender expression), genetic information or any characteristic protected by local law.
Please view our Recruitment Privacy Notice on our careers website: http://www.edfman.com/recruitment-privacy. Should you have any questions regarding this notice, please do not hesitate to contact the Human Resources team of your chosen role.