ED&F Man Liquid Products Division is a leading global supplier in molasses, molasses blends and related liquid products as well as dry cargo products for (mainly) animal feed industry. The Amsterdam office is the regional headquarters for the European, Asian and African business. The Manager is part of the global HSEQ team and will work closely with the counterparts in the United States and reports to Group HSEQ & CSR Manager.
The Quality & Feed Safety Manager is responsible for managing the quality system and related procedures of all companies, including Trading, Sales and Storage Terminals in predominantly Europe. This includes pro-actively providing advice to managers and independent compliance auditing.
The main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Managing and maintaining the quality and feed safety management system (manual, procedures, forms, minimum standards) for all European, Asian and African operations to ensure compliance with feed regulations. Ensuring that all standards, certifications, approvals and registrations are maintained and advising the locations during projects and continuous improvement activities.
· Managing the preventative control systems (supplier review & approval, HACCP plans, product analysis program, recall plans, food defence plans, design reviews, etc).
· Compiling and executing the annual internal quality audit planning, within budget, and guiding external audits by authorities, certification bodies or customers. Monitoring the timely execution of required corrective actions to observations made and reporting of results to responsible company and divisional management.
· Supporting the operations in ensuring continued compliance to Group policies, applicable rules and regulations and customer requirements, including developing proposals for the compliance to new or revised standards.
· Representing the quality department in projects to ensure effective management of change.
· Monthly reporting to divisional management on the effective performance of the quality and feed safety system, audit results, customer complaints, non-compliance issues and recommended actions.
Skills & Qualifications
· Minimum Bachelor degree in in preferably Food Science or Quality Management or Business Administration.
· At least 5 years work experience in a quality management function, preferably in an international feed / food environment.
· Experience with quality systems, such as GMP+ FSA, ISO 9001, HACCP, TQM, and internal auditing.
· Knowledge of animal feed and food products is preferred.
· Knowledge of or willingness to learn health, safety and environmental regulations.
· Fluent in Dutch and English, other languages are preferred (e.g German, Spanish).
· Flexible, adaptable, able to work with different cultures, adjust to change quickly, keen to take on new challenges, structured, organised and able to work within tight deadlines with minimum supervision.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively build strong working relationships with others and provide them with your support and/or leadership
· Right to work in the Netherlands.
· Ability to travel for approximately 20%.
Who We Are
Established in 1783, ED&F Man is an employee-owned agricultural commodities merchant with 7,000 people in 60 countries and annual revenue in excess of $10bn We trade, source, store process ship and distribute agricultural products, such as sugar, coffee, molasses, animal feed, grains and pulses. We help our counterparties manage price risk through hedging and provide access to commodity and capital markets through our brokerage business. Each year we trade 11m bags of coffee, 11m tonnes of sugar and 6m tonnes of animal feed. We work closely with our customers and suppliers and help our counterparties manage price risk through hedging.
Here at ED&F Man we are guided by our five company values: Respect, Integrity, Meritocracy, Client Focus and Entrepreneurship.
Our values are underpinned by a set of essential behaviours, which form part of our performance management approach. Delivering on our objectives is very much about ‘what’ we do, but these essential behaviours also provide a guide and measure for ‘how’ we do things. Our performance essentials are Take Initiative, Self-Management, Deliver Results and Collaboration.
Equal Opportunities Statement
ED&F Man is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. All qualified applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to race, colour, sex, gender, age, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital or civil partner status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment (identity, gender expression), genetic information or any characteristic protected by local law.