The Collaboration and Training Specialist will be responsible for creating and implementing a strategy for increasing the adoption and use of Microsoft and other collaboration tools including Skype for Business, Microsoft Teams, SharePoint and Outlook. The Specialist will also support the current uses of SharePoint and assist users with design and building of SharePoint pages.
SharePoint Application Administration
1. Assist with creating and maintaining sites and site collections.
2. Assist with site customization using SharePoint Designer.
3. Deploy and administer SharePoint portals.
4. Establish and maintain end-user access policy and permissions. This may include delegating permissions authority to other users.
Strategy & Planning
1. Coordinate with department heads to assess departmental training needs and objectives.
2. Create, administer, analyze, and report on end user needs assessments and skills assessments.
3. Develop and coordinate an overall software applications training curriculum for end users of all levels.
Acquisition & Deployment
4. Assess, recommend, and purchase courseware packages, and support development of appropriate courseware tools.
5. Participate in identification and recruitment of instructors and external course providers for specialized software training needs.
6. Conduct research into computer-based training products and services in support of development and purchasing efforts.
7. Design, develop, and deliver software applications training programs and individual classes.
8. Present instructor-led training sessions.
9. Develop and deliver new courses for new and existing software applications, including all course materials, exercises, and skills evaluations.
10. Review training materials and documentation and keep them up to date.
11. Create and communicate training schedules in consultation with departmental decision makers.
12. Establish and maintain a database to track training participants’ status and results.
13. Create and administer training event feedback mechanisms. Analyze results, make recommendations for training improvement, and integrate changes in curriculum and/or courses.
14. Work with internal software developers to keep apprised of changes and upcoming developments in in-house software applications.
15. Communicate software problems and issues to software development and support teams.
16. Stay up-to-date with developments in both commercial and custom-built software products used in the organization.
17. Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
Skills & Qualifications
College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information systems, business management or education, and/or 2 years equivalent work experience.
Certifications in Microsoft Office and SharePoint preferred
Experience with staff development and/or human resources management.
In-depth, hands-on knowledge of enterprise and desktop applications, including […].
Proven experience with adult learning principles, methodologies, and course design techniques.
Knowledge of trends in computer technology relating to software.
Experience with building and maintaining course and participant databases.
Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
Excellent written and oral communication skills, including instructional and presentation skills.
Excellent interpersonal skills, with a focus on motivational skills and positive attitude.
Ability to conduct research into course development and delivery concepts, as well as technical software issues.
Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
Highly self motivated and directed.
Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly.
Good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Very strong customer service orientation.
Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Travel up to 25% between training locations may be required.