Location: New Orleans, United States
ED&F Man Liquid Products are looking to recruit a Credit Analyst to join the team in New Orleans. As a Credit Analyst you will have experience in assessing and evaluating credit risk, as well as providing financial analysis of existing and potential customers to determine credit worthiness and mitigate financial risk. You will effectively communicate risk factors to the Controller, Credit Manager, and within the organization, using sound judgment and risk assessment skills to achieve company goals and comply with credit limits.
- Communicate with new and existing customers to obtain relevant background and financial information needed to develop and formalize company credit risk profiles and credit limits consistent with internal minimum control standards. Utilize public, private, and internal sources as well as online platforms and websites to aid in research.
- Analyze financial statements using key business ratios to determine liquidity and creditworthiness of a customer or applicant.
- Analyze customer aging and other financial and statistical reports. Download and manipulate system data and other information to help develop standard and ad hoc reports.
- Provide written and oral feedback analyzing sales, trends, and other credit risk indicators to sales managers and senior management.
- Review credit limits on new and existing customers annually and as needed.
- Assist Credit Manager and Controller in identifying delinquent accounts and provide advice to reduce exposure levels.
- Understand existing ERP systems and Oracle Financials to provide reports to various levels within the organization and external audit.
- Participate in relevant and mandatory training.
- Support team efforts, actively work to generate respect and enthusiasm, cooperate with others, and actively learn from other team members.
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum college degree with five years business experience in the Financial Analysis and/or Credit and Accounts Receivable field preferred.
• Minimum three years’ experience in financial analysis and collections/credit management.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
• Ability to analyze all forms of credit data to determine/recommend the degree of risk in extending credit.
• Ability to use accepted accounting principles and internal guidance and policy.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with customers and co-workers.
• Ability to effectively present information, communicate with, and respond to questions and complaints from co-workers, management, clients/tenants, public groups, and the general public.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to interact with others in a professional and appropriate manner and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
• Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of individuals.
• Ability to solve problems and ability to interpret a variety of instructions, policies and data.
• Ability to perform work with considerable independence under the general direction of supervisor.
• Adheres to all company policies, procedures and regulations.
The proceeding statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assignee to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel in this position.