Location: Michigan, United States
Westway Feed Products, a division of ED&F Man has an opportunity for an experienced sales professional within the animal feed and nutrition business to join their team in the state of Michigan. Working closely with dairy and beef producers, you will be responsible for generating new business and managing existing business relationships across the state. You will act as a primary point of contact for all customers in the region and will provide sales support, technical advice, market trends and information on the industry.
- Regularly schedules appointments with current customers to maintain business relationships and to expand products and services.
- Prepares product pricing and credit for customers within reasonable margins. Prepares sales contracts.
- Assists distributors with sales and technical information on molasses based liquid feed products and supplement tubs.
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sale leads. Actively pursues new business to expand the company.
- Travels throughout the territory to meet with potential customers.
- Assists distributors and customers on equipment assignments and promptly and satisfactorily resolves issues.
- Coordinates orders from direct customers as necessary.
- Effectively manages monthly customer pricing.
- Annually prepares and achieves sales budget.
- Assists with sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
- Develops and implements strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate goals.
- Controls expenditures to conform to budgets.
- Prepares reports showing business transactions, potential sales, and areas of proposed customer expansion.
- Publishes monthly travel plan, maintains ongoing and regular contact with supervisor and submits weekly expense reports.
- Confers with production facilities on customer’s orders and delivery.
- Completes consumption reports and provides the Nutritionist with the information as required.
- Monitors and evaluates the competition and makes recommendations to respond to competition.
- Keeps up-to-date on industry trends.
Skills & qualifications
- Ideally degree educated in the field of animal science or a related agricultural field.
- A minimum of 3 years of sales/marketing experience within the feed industry.
- Knowledge of marketing principles and ability to accurately apply and use marketing and sales concepts.
- Knowledge of beef and dairy market/industry trends.
- Ability to research and analyze market/industry/customers and to apply that information to manage accounts and increase sales.
- Ability to incorporate favorable terms for the company into negotiations.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business and professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations, and financial reports.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to write reports, correspondence, and procedures.
- Ability to interact with others in a professional and appropriate manner and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and customers.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems and ability to interpret a variety of instructions, policies and data.
- High motivation level with the ability to perform work with considerable independence under the general direction of supervisor.
- Ability to exercise judgment and make decisions independently.