Location: Baltimore, United States
We are seeking a logistics specialist to join our Westway Feed business in Baltimore. You will provide logistical & administrative support to the terminal. You will monitors inventories, shipments, and customer contracts & relations as well as Prepare domestic and international shipping documents. Receives shipping order modifications and forwards in a timely manner to necessary personnel. Maintains spreadsheet of all ingredients so as to estimate needs to keep adequate inventory in place to avoid any rush orders. Place All ingredient orders with regional purchasing office accurately stating your requirements while keeping in mind average lead time required and follow up as needed.
- Accurately and timely type, copy, collate and file documents as needed. Enter shipments in Marque system, print batches and b/ls daily for all production operations. Daily update all information in Marque system from previous day. Daily enter pending shipments in SharePoint and update all completed shipment information in SharePoint from previous day. When terminal manager is out of office, process orders, prepare paperwork for all outside handling business, update spreadsheet, request batches and supplies as needed. At end of each day forward shipment information to that customer.
- Work directly with drivers to ensure their compliance with Westway policies and procedures while on Company property. Weigh inbound and outbound trucks.
- Answer all incoming calls professionally and courteously and accurately direct calls to staff. Professionally assist all visitors to the terminal.
- Monitor the security gate and allow access to the property.
- Order and maintain office supplies. Seek out competitive pricing.
- Coordinate travel, hotel, and restaurant reservations as requested. Organize programs, events, meetings or conferences by arranging facilities and caterers, issuing information/invitations, and coordinating speakers.
- Act as liaison with Human Resources, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and other departments in New Orleans and carry out functions for these departments as needed. When manager is out of office monitor inbound accts payable mail. Process all accounts payables, code, approve- getting secondary approval as necessary, forward to main office for payment; file all when done.
- Provide back-up and relief to other positions as appropriate.
- Employee shall comply with applicable regulatory and company health, safety, environmental, and security requirements. Employee is expected to complete required training in a timely manner; perform duties in a safe and environmentally sound manner; and immediately report injuries/illnesses, environmental spills/releases, and any unsafe acts or conditions to supervision in support of continual improvement of the company's health, safety, environmental, and security performance.
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum 1 year experience as an administrative assistant.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and working knowledge of office equipment (switchboard, facsimile, mail meter, etc.)
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, manuals, reports and correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with customers and co-workers; ability to write correspondence and instructions, using exemplary grammatical and spelling skills.
- Ability to interact with others in a professional and appropriate demeanor, work effectively with a diverse group of individuals and maintain effective working relationships with staff and customers
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
The working conditions and environment and the physical requirements/activities listed below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the individual generally has good working conditions. The employee is often exposed to moderate noise from office equipment and co-workers.
While performing the duties of this position, the individual is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, carry, reach with hands and arms, use hands to finger, handle, feel, and use office equipment and communicate (talk and hear). This position involves sitting for approximately 90% of the workday. Occasionally the employee is required to kneel, bend, push, pull, lift, or twist. Occasionally the employee is required to lift or exert force of up to 10 pounds. Intermittently, the employee is required to lift or exert force of up to 25 pounds. Specific vision ability required is close vision of 20 inches or less.
The proceeding statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel in this position.