ED&F Man has an opportunity for an experienced and high calibre Head of Supply Chain to join a world leading trader of agricultural commodities within a wholly owned subsidiary of our Coffee Trading Division - VOLCAFE. This senior position offers a broad spectrum of opportunity, scope, commercial activity and authority.
The successful candidate will cover the position of Head of Supply Chain, based in Switzerland, coordinating and managing the operational and logistics aspects of the business, including providing high quality analysis, review, and decision to support the leadership.
We are seeking a commercial oriented supply chain professional who is able to drive the business forward. This is a significant “hands on” role requiring flexibility to handle detailed transactional level work as well as higher level analysis and review. Ideally, you will have significant experience of operating within a fast paced multinational, entrepreneurial trading and/or commercial environment.
The successful individual will have a solid understanding of supply chain management within the physical commodity trading and its impact on the business.
VOLCAFE Ltd. is one of the world’s leading international green coffee trading companies with its head office in Winterthur, Switzerland, operating in over 20 countries globally, in coffee procurement, sustainability, blending and export as well as importing and distribution, and it supplies the world’s major coffee roasters and retail distributors with their green coffee requirements, with significant strategic growth ambitions for the future.
• Lead and manage the Supply Chain Department with an average of 10 employees.
• Ensure that appropriate and auditable standards, controls and governance frameworks are in place and that contracts are legally & ethically compliant.
• The development and implementation of the negotiation strategy, including payment profiles and associated terms to meet the cash flow requirements of the business.
• Prepare and negotiate new contracts or contract amendments and arrange for their approval.
• Provide guidance on compliance to terms and conditions, identifying the flow down of such terms and conditions and supporting the assessment of ‘supply chain gap analysis’.
• Identification of potential liabilities, risks, issues and disputes, arising with customers, suppliers, partners and third parties, and produce innovative mitigation plans.
• Pro-actively address contract non-compliance and performance issues.
• Interpret, when required, for the benefit of the broader project team, the contracted requirement (including but not limited to terms and conditions and scope of work).
• Maintain contractual records, documentation of key correspondence, status and issue reports etc.
• Accountable for building and developing collaborative internal and external relationships, ensuring that supply chain and supplier strategy and performance underpins business area objectives and budgets.
• Accountable for creation, implementation and regular review of global, business wide Supply Chain category and commodity strategies in line with VOLCAFE business strategy for nominated areas of spend.
• Accountable for identifying and proactively addressing opportunities for cost reduction, performance improvement and risk mitigation, within portfolios of spend and/or individual supplier relationships, demonstrating real value for money.
• Overview the day to day contract execution.
• Ensure that the electronic filing project is supporting the requirements of the department.
Skills & Qualifications
• A Supply Chain & Procurement professional with extensive category and supplier relationship management experience in physical commodities.
• Demonstrable knowledge of managing:
- complex contract negotiations across all areas of spend.
- Delivery of ‘bottom line’ savings.
- The ability to think strategically, to develop and execute supply chain and supplier strategy and plans.
- Excellent leadership skills with proven ability of influencing and convincing at senior level .
- The ability to manage cross functional teams.
- Risk and project management skills.
- Respresenting VOLCAFE in different Logistics Committee and working in project teams
• Key skills: procurement, buying, strategic sourcing, tendering, procurement transformation, change management, category management, negotiation, stakeholder management, supplier relationship management SRM, vendor management, stakeholder influencing, collaboration, purchasing, direct procurement, procurement performance, project management