A new and exciting opportunity has arisen within ED&F Man Coffee business, Volcafe. We are seeking a dynamic Futures and Options Trader, preferably with experience in the Coffee market to join our team. As a Coffee Trader you will be part of and have experience of proprietary trading and have a good understanding of how the futures and options market works.
Volcafe is one of the leading global coffee trading companies and its trading decisions are based on deep fundamental analysis provided by our top of class research team complementing technicals, physical market indicators and macro economic trends
• Trade futures and options
• Advise clients, suppliers and other companies of the group on market views based on technical and/or fundamental analysis
• Analyse Coffee market trends, technical indicators, fundamentals, switch structures, arbitrage, currencies, other commodities and economic environment that could influence coffee prices.
• Report positions, VaR, reconciliations, position risk analysis and others as required.
• Support Research with all relevant information from the technical and derivative segment of the markets.
• Provide trading ideas and participate on prop trading team discussions.
Skills and Qualifications
• Degree educated.
• Professional experience, preferably related to futures market and/or commodity physical market.
• Good analytical and mathematical skills and high attention to details.
• Evidence of a profitable track record would be an advantage.
• Highly self-motivated, pro-active and goal-oriented team player.
• A keen enthusiasm for commodities is a must.
• Strong IT skills, especially proficiency with Excel. Knowledge of programming, statistics - desirable
• Languages: English