ED&F Man is one of the world’s leading traders of agricultural commodities and we are looking to recruit a highly effective HR & Payroll Advisor to work with the Head of HR for our Liquid Products division with a primary focus on HR operational and payroll responsibilities in EMEA. Amsterdam is one of the main regional offices for the Liquid Products business which operates in 23 countries worldwide, with 550 employees.
To thrive at our Company you’ve got to be agile and be able to take a broader perspective in a fast-paced and down to earth environment. We want entrepreneurially minded people with ambition and determination. We’re employee-owned so you’ll have a direct influence on our success. If you have ideas to improve our business, we’ll give you the backing and opportunity to make it happen.
The ideal applicant will be proactive, has an eye for detail, strong communication standards, ability to learn quickly and an excellent work ethic. You should enjoy operating in an individual contributing role, being the main interface with the employees for the day to day topics, whilst operating within the wider remit of the Group HR function.
• Coordinate and provide administrative and operational support for lifecycle HR events such as new joiners, leavers and transfers.
• Maintain staff records including ensuring 100% data accuracy of HR records within the HR-system and on paper.
• Coordinate payroll processed by external agencies across Europe.
• Work closely with the Global HR Business Partner to deliver Group HR policies, processes and programs across the division, including learning and development, annual compensation, performance management and recruitment. Work on projects as appropriate.
• Deliver hands-on generalist HR services for the Amsterdam office with support provided to the worldwide Liquid Products locations.
• Provide guidance and advice to managers and employees on HR related issues.
• Managing employee relations issues as and when they arise and promoting strong employee engagement.
• Ensure HR support is aligned to business objectives, the HR strategy and legal requirements.
Skills & Qualifications
• Preferably 3 to 5 years work experience in an HR / Payroll role.
• Practical working knowledge of Dutch employment laws and practices.
• Energetic self-starter with drive to deliver a high-quality HR service and build a highly regarded HR presence.
• Well-developed interpersonal skills, approachable and ability to work effectively in teams and deal with employees at all levels.
• Attention to detail and presentation, with a strong ability to execute.
• Results oriented and pro-active, enjoys taking ownership.
• Strong work ethic and flexible attitude.
• A pragmatist who understands how to align with an entrepreneurial business.
• Fluent Dutch and verbal and written fluency in business English is essential.
• Excellent IT skills including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint, to intermediate level, for the production of letters, spreadsheets and HR System.