ED&F Man has an exciting opportunity for an operations specialist to manage back office functions for our Grains desk in Winterthur and are looking for a full time Senior Execution/Operation Specialist to join our busy operations team to be responsible for handling consignments of Grains Commodities transported in vessels and containers and train/supervise our execution teams in Russia and Ukraine.
This is a role reporting to the Head of Operations of Grains and assisting in the setup and operation of all back office functions from trade booking through the full logistics supply chain and ultimately delivery of a premium service to our clients.
This is an exceptional opportunity to support the growth of this new function and will operate internationally working with a diverse range of traders, counterparties and clients globally.
You will be responsible of building and managing the Middle East and the Black Sea Operations. Your responsibilities will include and are not limited to:
• Selecting, training and managing the operations team in the Middle East and the Black Sea countries
Operations – Contract Execution
• Drafting of physical contract documentation incorporating relevant rules and general terms & conditions.
• Entering and maintaining contracts into trading system and ensuring accurate, complete, consistent and timely data capture.
• Reviewing and updating contract cost provisions and if in line with GMP+ rules and requirements.
• Liaison with traders / clients to resolve any disagreement with contractual wording.
• Following up eventual contract amendments with the clients.
• Managing of central contract filing system.
Operations - Documents
• Monitoring and supervising of vessel/container loading execution/processing, consignment of documents/certificates.
• Preparation and processing of shipping documents such as Bills of Lading, Certificates of Origin, Phytosanitary, Health, Radioactivity and, Weight and Quality Certificates.
• Negotiating of documents for payment basis CAFD, CAD and Letters of Credit, customer credit monitoring and follow up.
• Processing purchase and peripheral services invoices and raising sales invoices for grain on in house IT system.
• Provide demurrage claims, negotiation with counterparties and follow-up.
• Daily liaison with contractual counterparties, banks, in-house trading staff and Operations Department colleagues internally and externally.
• Arranging insurance cover of shipments.
• Monitoring cargo Inventory in company’s and third party’ warehouses.
Experience, Qualifications & Skills