ED&F Man Shipping Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of ED&F Man Holdings Limited and was formed in 1983. The business has expanded rapidly and today the company runs a fleet of supra bulk carriers and carries approximately 12-14 million tonnes of dry bulk cargo around the world per annum. As part of our continued growth we are seeking to recruit someone with 3-5 years of Freight Trading experience who is keen to progress their career.
• Run a book sourcing both tonnage and cargo for Handy and Supramax vessels, both internally and for third parties
• Part of a team trading freight worldwide with a special emphasis on the Pacific and Indian Ocean markets
Skills & Experience
• Ideally already be working for a trading company, or from an owner/ operator background
• Extensive contacts on both sides
• Experience of the grain markets is preferred
• A team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Organised and methodical
• IT literate
• Must be willing to start early and stay late when required
• Language requirements - Fluent in English and preferably either Hindi or Mandarin
ED&F Man was established in 1783. Today the company is a leading provider of commodities, logistics and risk management services. The company is employee owned with approximately 4,000 employees working in 50 countries around the world.
ED&F Man is a highly entrepreneurial environment providing the opportunity to build an international career in a partnership culture.