ED&F Man are looking for a full time Documents Specialist to join our busy operations team during one year to be responsible for handling consignments of Grains Commodities transported in vessels and containers.
This is a role reporting to the Head of Operations Manager of Grains and assisting in the setup and operation of all back office functions from trade booking through the full logistics supply chain and ultimately delivery of a premium service to our clients.
This is an exceptional opportunity to support the growth of this function and will operate internationally working with a diverse range of traders, counterparties and clients globally.
Operations – Documents
• Monitoring and supervising of vessel/container loading execution/processing, consignment of documents/certificates
• Preparation and processing of shipping documents such as Bills of Lading, Certificates of Origin, Phytosanitary, Health, Radioactivity and, Weight and Quality Certificates
• Negotiating of documents for payment basis CAFD, CAD and Letters of Credit, customer credit monitoring and follow up
• Processing purchase and peripheral services invoices and raising sales invoices for grain on in house IT system
• Provide demurrage claims, negotiation with counterparties and follow-up
• Daily liaison with contractual counterparties, banks, in-house trading staff, and Operations Department colleagues internally and externally
• Experience gained within an operations function of a trading house is required, ideally in bulk grain execution (vessel/container)
• Well versed in respect to UCP 600, ICC 522, Incoterms, GAFTA, FOSFA, etc. is an asset
Skills & Experience
• Fluent English language skills
• Possess attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong organizational skills – able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to balance multiple priorities while working to tight deadlines
• Self-motivated team player with excellent communication skills