Location: All, United States
Royal Ingredients is a value added sales, marketing and distribution agent of sugar and other sweetener products throughout the United States. Among our products, we offer certified options for USDA Organics, Non-GMO, Kosher and Fair Trade. Royal Ingredients was founded in 2008 and includes a team of industry professionals focused on next-generation sweeteners. In 2013, Royal partnered with ED&F Man, Inc., an employee-owned agricultural commodities merchant, trading in sugar, coffee, molasses, grains, pulses and animal feed. As part of our continued growth we are looking to recruit a Trader within the fruit juices and concentrates area to work across the US. As a Sales Director you will have experience in both buying and selling into the domestic market.
As a national role you can be based anywhere in the USA but must be able to travel across the country.
- Develop and implement sales plan to achieve target monthly, quarterly and annual sales and profit targets
- Monitor and evaluate the competition and make recommendations to respond to competition. Keep up-to-date on industry trends.
- Integrate Man owned commodity sources into sales and distribution platform
- Identify new sourcing opportunities
- Regularly schedule appointments with current customers to maintain business relationships with customers and to explain products and services available
- Maintain current market knowledge on pricing, crop progress, market trends, exchange rates to serve as subject matter expert both internally and externally
- Implement and maintain an efficient sales activity reporting system.
- Based on market research, customer needs and corporate strategic plans, develop and implement strategic sales plans, including new segment penetration, new item development and key customer growth.
- Establish and prepare annual budgets.
- Prepare and submit accurate and timely sales forecasts to operations team.
- Establish product pricing and credit for customers. Ensure that accurate and timely pricing information is maintained to effectively price customer shipments that meet our company goals and policies.
- Ensure all customer contacts are in compliance with company risk and financial limits and guidelines and comply with all minimum control standards.
- Work cross-functionally with other ED&F Man entities to maximize global opportunities
- Participate in relevant and mandatory training and represent the Company at industry functions and organizations as requested.
- Take the initiative to identify problems, use judgment to find appropriate solutions and follow through on resolving issues in a timely manner.
- Support team efforts, actively work to generate respect and enthusiasm, cooperate with others, and actively learn from other team members.
- Interact and communicate with clients/customers and other staff in a professional and appropriate manner and respond to and give feedback in a respectful and positive manner.
- Report to work on time prepared to perform the duties of the position and willing to perform the duties as workload necessitates.
- Employee shall comply with applicable regulatory and company health, safety, environmental, and security requirements. Employee is expected to complete required training in a timely manner; perform duties in a safe and environmentally sound manner; and immediately report injuries/illnesses, environmental spills/releases, and any unsafe acts or conditions to supervision in support of continual improvement of the company's health, safety, environmental, and security performance.
Skills & Experience
- Degree educated
- Significant sales/trading experience in juices and other commodities
- Knowledge of marketing principles and ability to accurately apply and use marketing and sales concepts
- Ability to research and analyze market/industry/customers and to apply that information to manage accounts and increase sales
- Ability to write reports, correspondence, and procedures
- Ability to interact with others in a professional and appropriate manner and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and customers
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The working conditions and environment and the physical requirements/activities listed below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Working Conditions and Environment: The individual is regularly traveling via automobile or airplane.
Physical Requirements/Activities: While performing the duties of this position, the individual is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle and operate tools and equipment, reach with hands and arms, balance, kneel, bend, carry, reach, push, pull, lift, twist, grip, and communicate (talk and hear). Sustained mental effort is regularly required.