The position is an entry level position in the Operations Department and will report directly to the Operations Manager. The Operations Specialist is a key member of the Operations and Trading team supporting trade supply chain processes and data management. This position requires strong communication skills, attention to details, positive professional attitude, and ability to work in a team environment.
• Participate in the Operations by being present at Ports, Mills, Warehouses based on business requirements.
• Dealing and supporting the team with all the external stakeholders such as (Supervision companies, freight forwarders, warehouse keepers & owners, stevedoring companies, Port agents and clients’ problem).
• Monitor the stocks numbers and our competitors’ practices and report it consequently.
• Prepare a Daily internally recap declaring the stocks number.
• Build rapport with customers, service providers, government bodies.
• Check import and export documentation and make sure that the custom clearance operation is running smoothly without any delay or penalties.
• Handle and follow-up documents with banks.
• Follow-up and monitor the operations at ports, mills and warehouses.
• Make sure that all concerned service providers were appointed before the start of the operations.
• Follow-up with Supervision company the exact received quantity from trucks at ports/refineries and insure that they are using the weight bridge is calibrated.
• Attend the Tolling contract execution (receiving raw – delivering white) and report any sudden problems in order to solve it.
• Follow-up and Monitor the deliveries, and report the status of contracts execution on a daily basis.
• Update PROSHED on daily basis.
• Assist in resolving any debates over customer in terms of rejection.
• Understand the customer’s requirements from the Traders and Operations in order to implement it.
• Filing the trading purchase orders and insures that the purchase orders have been revised through the contract desk.