ED&F MAN’s European Liquid Feed and Farms business is looking for a technical sales person to join their team. As part of our growth we are looking for a candidate who will start their career in Italy before relocating to one of our locations in northern Europe.
Working in the animal nutrition space (with a particular focus on dairy and beef cattle) you will be part of our development program in Europe which is aimed at developing you into a well-rounded commercial manager with responsibility for management of activities across multiple regions..
You will start by working alongside the various business and sales managers in our Italian HQ where you will be exposed to all aspects of our business such as raw materials, production, technical nutrition, formulation and commercial activities. You will build an understanding of the market dynamics and develop a network within the business that will include key customers (farms), dealers, nutritionist and market influencers. There will be agreed and defined targets.
This position is part of a development program in which we will train the person on technical and commercial skills within Europe in a very hands on manner. Upon successful completed there is an opportunity to take on a leadership role in the Farms business in Central/Northern Europe.
• Understand our range of products and value proposition at a technical nutritional level
• Have a working understanding of our supply chain and production capabilities including quality requirements in feed
• Utilize this expertise to :
o Develop relationships with dairy farms.
o Engage with specialist to promote our product to the market in Europe.
o Support commercial and marketing within allocated markets
o Close on sales deals
• 2-3 years year’s agriculture or animal nutrition sales experience
• Degree in animal science, diary nutrition, veterinary medicine or agriculture.
• Good technical nutritional knowledge and an ability to work with numbers
• A good aptitude for interpersonal relationships and teamwork.
• Eagerness to learn and interested in the Farms business.
• Hands on, willing and enjoys being on the ground and on the farms
• Commercial minded
• Good proficiency of English and another European language is desirable.
• Open mindset, positive and problem-solving oriented.