ED&F Man Liquid Products Division is a leading global supplier of molasses and liquid products for animal feed, fermentation and other industrial uses. The New Orleans, LA, office is responsible for the North American business within the Liquid Products Division and we have an exciting opportunity for someone to join us as a Business Analyst within our IT department. The role provides long term potential for someone eager to build their career within the soft commodities industry.
The ideal candidate has approximately 2 years of hands-on experience in a similar position, and is eager to embark on a career in international commodity trading. You will receive training on the job to become fully literate in several aspects of IT within the company.
• The Business Analyst is a business problem solver, capable of analyzing the operations and requirements, to identify problems and/or opportunities and to define solution characteristics.
• The role is a liaison between the MLP companies and ERP system.
• The Business Analyst provides the process, questions and techniques to ensure ERP systems operates efficiently to the requirements of the companies and to ensure the information needed by users can be extracted efficiently.
• The successful candidate will also be responsible for application development processes to continuously develop ERP systems to the changing needs of the organization.
• The role also involves the change management of processes.
• This role also has the opportunity to take part in strategic planning, business innovation or reengineering project team efforts to analyze, help select the right projects and/or facilitate the changes required of what needs to be done to bring the application(s) (or part of it) to a desired future state.
• Bachelor- /Master degree in Business Administration.
• 2 years hands-on experience in a similar role.
• Experience in Microsoft Suite and Microsoft Dynamics AX are an advantage.
• Experience in accounting is advantageous.
• Complete fluency in Dutch and business English is required.
• Flexible and adaptable; you must be eager to experience different working environments and able to adjust to change quickly. Keen to take on new challenges.
• Must be very organised and able to work within tight deadlines with minimum supervision.
• Determined, resilient and eager to join the ED&F Man business.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively build strong working relationships with others and provide them with your support.
• Meticulous with strong attention to detail.
• Candidates must be logical and numerate with good analytical skills and business acumen.
• A strong focus on performance; sets high standards, goal orientated, ambitious and able to maintain performance under pressure.