Westway Feed Products, LLC, is the largest North American supplier of agricultural liquid products including liquid animal feeds and molasses based products. Westway Feed Products is a part of ED&F Man, a specialist merchant of agricultural commodities, trading specifically in sugar, molasses based products and coffee.
We are looking for an experienced Operator to be based in Stockton, CA for a diverse business that will have the opportunity to make a real impact working on a range of regional and global projects
Working within our highly diverse business you will have the opportunity to make a real impact working on a range of regional and global projects, support on the day-to- day management of terminal issues.
• To be responsible for the day to day operation to produce product for sale per quality, quantity, and formula standards
• Safely and efficiently mix raw ingredients based on company formulas and established operational procedures
• Test all finished products and inbound ingredients to ensure they meet quality standards. Review finished products for formulary and weight accuracy as well as for label and tag accuracy
• Organize, schedule, prepare, and set up machines to carry-out the production. Use equipment such as tools, forklifts, and the boiler in compliance with manufacturer recommendations, government regulations, and company policy
• Maintain an accurate inventory of all raw ingredients
• Ensure that all equipment is operating correctly
• Calibrate equipment and perform routine maintenance as needed
• Report equipment safety hazards and malfunctions accurately and, in compliance with regulations, complete all paperwork
• Ensure all activities are handled within company and state/federal policies, practices, regulations, and laws
Your Skills & Experience
• Some experience as a terminal operator or related terminal, refinery, or tank vessel experience
• Knowledge of and ability to work well with others
• Knowledge of and skill in operating equipment
• Ability to use hand/power tools
• Ability to wear safety equipment, including safety shoes, goggles, gloves and similar equipment
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents (regulations, policies, reports, bids, etc.), blueprints, drawings
• Customer service focus
In return you will benefit from working for a market leading, global company in a role offering a highly competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work a highly entrepreneurial environment providing the opportunity to build an international career in a partnership culture.