A new and exciting opportunity has arisen within ED&F Man for a Sugar Research Analyst to support and develop the existing research team in London.
The successful candidate will form part of a fundamental research team responsible for proprietary data to support ED&F Man’s global physical sugar trading teams. Working with our specialist research teams in London, Brazil, India, Singapore and US, the candidate will benefit from the department’s global reach.
ED&F Man has been a market leader in commodity trading and logistical solutions for many years. This role will concentrate on providing crucial information to the business about strategic market developments in the industry, and on producing creative ideas and solutions linked to the changing Global sugar trading environment.
• Maintaining and developing our in-house database of price, shipments, weather and crop data.
• Producing regular written reports for internal and external publications. This will include collating news stories for regional markets as well as macro environment.
• Monitoring and assessing key market drivers and new developments in order to develop insightful analysis of the global sugar market.
• Generating timely and adhoc updates to the trading teams to strengthen the commercial position of the business.
• Help maintain global and regional supply/demand models, price models and trade balances.
• Strong analysis and interpretation of developments in physical and futures markets, weather, regulatory and trading environment.
• Proactive approach in supporting the traders and other stakeholders in their market analysis needs and requests.
• Highly numerate, plus excellent written and verbal communication skills required, with the ability to convey facts and ideas clearly.
• A keen enthusiasm for research and agricultural commodities is a must as the role will focus largely on the management, analysis and dissemination of proprietary data.
• Strong communication skills, both in terms of written reports to present key findings, and verbal/powerpoint to convey fundamentals-driven trade recommendations.
• Sound interpersonal skills is essential in order to develop relationships internally and in the wider industry.
• Self-motivated, organised with attention to detail and goal-oriented.
• Strong IT skills, especially proficiency with Excel.
To apply please click on the following link and complete the application form, selecting 'Finance Graduate' as you first choice in the drop-down:
Please ignore the application details to the right hand side of this page.