We are recruiting a commercially focused French speaking trade finance specialist to come up with dynamic trading ideas for our sugar team in London.
Working in a small team, and reporting to the head of structured trade finance, you will work with our commercial and internal banking teams to help our traders meet their clients’ needs. You will also issue documentary letters of credit, standby letters of credit and bonds/guarantees on behalf of operating divisions.
• Issue and confirm letters of credit and guarantees
• Organise letters of credit confirmations and discounting, and avalized drafts discounting, according to our credit criteria
• Calculate fees and costs
• Manage the internal and external flow of documents
• Identify opportunities for trade finance and co-ordinate with our desks and operations
• Manage other trade finance working capital structures
• Report trade finance initiatives
• Maintain relationships with non-syndicated banks in local jurisdictions
• Comply with external regulatory and internal control environments
Your skills and qualifications
• Strong experience in a trade finance/documentary credits role, preferably in a commodities, trading or banking environment
• You are aware of UN, HM Treasury, EU and OFAC sanction regulations, and know anti-money laundering guidance procedures and fraud-prevention legislation
• You understand risk participation agreements
• A sound knowledge of current uniform customs and practice for documentary credits and uniform rules
• You have extensive experience of documentary letters of credit, incoterms, standby letters of credit and bonds/guarantees
• French language skills essential
• Experience of cash-flow forecasting would also be an advantage
• You can work on your own initiative and as part of a team, and you are willing to take timely decisions with managers
About ED&F Man
ED&F Man is a specialist merchant of agricultural commodities, trading in sugar, coffee, molasses, grains, animal feed and fish oil. We also provide access to commodity and capital markets through our brokerage business.
Established in 1783, ED&F Man has around 6,000 employees in over 60 countries.
We are an equal opportunities employer
We value diverse perspectives and experiences, which enhance our ability to serve our clients and lead to innovation and better performance.
We aim to make sure all our team members feel included and can contribute to our business – irrespective of gender, ethnicity, nationality, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status and gender identity.