We're looking for a Documents Specialist to join our busy operations team to be responsible for handling consignments of sugar of varying sizes and qualities transported in vessels and containers.
This role aligns to the London operations and opening hours, this means a Monday to Friday working week with hours adjusted to the London time zone. This typically means starting at 11am through to 7pm Dubai time.
• Preparation and processing of shipping documents such as Bills of Lading, Certificates of Origin, Phytosanitary, Health, Radioactivity and, Weight and Quality Certificates
• Daily liaison with contractual counterparties, banks, in-house trading staff, and Operations Department colleagues both in London and overseas
• Negotiating Documents for payment basis CAD, Bank Documentary Collection, and Documentary Letters of Credit
• Processing purchase and peripheral services invoices and raising sales invoices for sugar on in house lT system (ITAS)
• Managing sales counterparty payment progress
• Arranging insurance cover of shipments
• Some experience gained within an operations function of a trading house is required, ideally they would have some shipping and documentation experience
• French and Arabic are desirable but not essential
• An understanding of Documentary Letters of Credit, Bank Collection procedures and payment instruments such as avalised drafts would be ideal.
• Be well versed in respect to UCP 600 and lCC Nr 522 ("Uniform Rules for Collections")
• Be numerate with strong lT skills
• Possess attention to detail and accuracy
• A CDCS qualification would be a distinct advantage
ED&F Man was established in 1783. Today the company is a leading provider of commodities, logistics and risk management services. The company is employee owned with approximately 3,600 employees working in 60 countries around the world.
ED&F Man is a highly entrepreneurial environment providing the opportunity to build an international career in a partnership culture.