The US’s largest liquid feed company is seeking a senior level candidate to work in the capacity of a finance and business analyst. We are looking for an experienced Western Division Sales Manager for our Stockton, California location, to play a key role within this global Commodity Trading and Financial Services organisation.
Working within our highly diverse business you will have the opportunity to make a real impact working on a range of regional and global projects, support on the day-to-day management of terminal issues.
The successful candidate will enlist at a time when global demand for agricultural commodities is at an all-time high and unprecedented challenges and opportunities exist. The successful candidate must be a real leader who combines business planning and financial control aspects with excellent commercial insight, together with the drive and credibility to play a key role across the business.
Responsible for the sales and marketing of Divisional accounts. Supervise Regional and/or District Sales Managers. Ensure the sales and marketing plans are implemented successfully.
Below is a list of essential duties of this position. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
• Based on market research, customer needs and corporate strategic plans, work with the Director of Sales, Director of Strategic Development, and other Divisional Managers to develop and implement strategic sales plans, including promotion of product lines, distribution and dealer development.
• Evaluate and implement growth strategies within the division.
• Research and develop market potential. Establish and oversee market penetration strategies and goals. Regularly monitor market conditions and strategies and goals.
• Monitor and evaluate the competition and make recommendations to respond to competition. Keep up-to-date on industry trends.
• Regularly schedule appointments with “key” customers to maintain business relationships with customers and to explain products and services available.
• Monitor customer satisfaction regularly. Use a variety of feedback tools, including surveys, personal visits, and distributor council. Work with the Regional and/or District Sales Managers to effectively resolve problems.
• Directly supervise the Regional and/or District Sales Managers. Responsible for staff recruitment, training, performance management, compensation, and discipline. Provide regular feedback and coaching to sales staff. Ensure staff is trained per operational and company-wide policies and procedures.
• Establish initiatives and objectives that are aligned with the company goals. Prepare annual budgets.
• Timely and accurately prepare required reports, including sales activities.
• Insure logistical pipeline of all ingredients and work closely with MLP on offshore shipments.
• Direct Regional and/or District Sales Managers on product pricing and credit for customers within reasonable margins.
• Control expenditures to conform to budgets.
• Facilitate problem resolution with technical staff, distributors, and producers. Minimize liability and implement corrective action.
• Maintain good working relationships, act professionally and positively represent Westway.
• Participate in relevant and mandatory training and represent the Company at industry functions and organizations as requested.
• Take the initiative to identify problems, use judgment to find appropriate solutions and follow through on resolving issues in a timely manner.
• Advanced degree, minimum of BS in Agriculture or related degree
• Five years of sales/marketing experience in the feed industry.
• Knowledge of marketing principles and ability to accurately apply and use marketing and sales concepts.
• Knowledge of beef and dairy market/industry trends.
• Ability to research and analyze market/industry/customers and to apply that information to manage accounts and increase sales.
• Ability to understand and apply basic mathematical concepts.
• Ability to incorporate favorable terms for the company into negotiations
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects. Ability to lead and facilitate group meetings.
• Position requires willingness to work a flexible schedule and travel